Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

True.  But I remember going 4-5 years straight when it was really tough to get a big one.

Like most, I remember the early 80's to early 90s having only a few decent events, but being so young had no reference point to how bad it was. Or maybe I'm wrong and the past 30 years aren't the norm..

Surprised to see GYX doubling down on warning snows for my area, though they noted the discrepancy between the low-res and high-res modeling. I'll be happy as long as we aren't totally skunked. Should be a fun one for most of the board, which is great for this time of year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PWMan said:

Surprised to see GYX doubling down on warning snows for my area, though they noted the discrepancy between the low-res and high-res modeling. I'll be happy as long as we aren't totally skunked. Should be a fun one for most of the board, which is great for this time of year. 

GL up there. Hopefully a weenie band knocks on your door. 

14 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I don't buy turning to rain even here in Harwich, MA, I mean sleet for a bit, sure, but not rain.  The entire column cools rapidly after warming slightly above 700mb.

If this storm was in January or February, perhaps. Have to remember ocean temps are running ~10 degrees above that.

Lower level warming at the surface will be no joke and hard to combat. 

14 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Like most, I remember the early 80's to early 90s having only a few decent events, but being so young had no reference point to how bad it was. Or maybe I'm wrong and the past 30 years aren't the norm..

Didn't ORH go like 10 years without a 12" event? like early 80s to early 90s maybe.  Seems unfathomable for that to happen now.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

12-24

over par

All joking aside.. I’ve got a good buddy that moved from Tolland to Stark, NH 2 years ago. Basically middle of nowhere. They built a beautiful house. How close is that to you? He was asking me how much for him yesterday. I told him then I would go 3-6”. About right?

5 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Enjoy it man!! :snowing:

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Not here just yet Ant...but it’s close. You too enjoy down there.  Should be a good one.

Thanks.  Hoping for at least 6 inches.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Do some donuts in the cruiser, Ant.

I'm in my office

• Like 3

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Do some donuts in the cruiser, Ant.

I don’t think he’s in a cruiser. I believe he has a desk SGT job similar to the woman on Chicago PD. There’s no way a beat cop in NYC can monitor every weather model in the world , post them and track 300 hour snowstorms. No fooking way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I can just picture it: Ant's fully nude in the black and white, with the lights on for no reason, doing donuts in the parking lot with the windows down catching snowflakes on his tongue.

Back in the 90s as head of my Precincts Community Policing unit, I'd leave my desk and go walk up the Brooklyn Bridge walkway and sit on a bench in the middle of the East River to watch both snowstorms and thunderstorms come into the city. I'd sit in the snow until my toes got numb then walk back to work. It's the only job where just being there in a uniform I'd doing your job. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I can just picture it: Ant's fully nude in the black and white, with the lights on for no reason, doing donuts in the parking lot with the windows down catching snowflakes on his tongue.

That’s enough T4S, I don’t believe Anthony’s married yet. It should be okay afterwards though. As always ....

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

All joking aside.. I’ve got a good buddy that moved from Tolland to Stark, NH 2 years ago. Basically middle of nowhere. They built a beautiful house. How close is that to you? He was asking me how much for him yesterday. I told him then I would go 3-6”. About right?

Stark is north of phineas and alex. That’s getting up near Lancaster and Colebrook. 

• Like 1