Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

54 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The Coplin address piqued my curiosity but when I read about Beaver Mountain Lake I knew they had the wrong township - Coplin is next to Stratton and north from Sugarloaf.  To see that lake from there would require X-ray vision to penetrate Crocker and Redington Mountains.  It's Sandy River Plt, as your earlier post noted.  :rolleyes:
Looks like a nice spot though the driveway seems steep.  (And both Coplin and Sandy River share the 04970 ZIP with Rangeley.)

57 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Man that 1780ft in Eden would be one helluva snowy place.  1800ft right in the sweet spot of the Spine is true weenie delight.

Fantastic views of the old asbestos mine, ha.  I can see that thing clearly from Stowe.  Pretty much living on Belvedere Mountain, that would be obscene snows.

E1B1DB20-6D14-43AF-B62D-26320B18ACFB.jpeg.4e8b9058dea8adfe646ff0c5a6eb725c.jpeg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Man that 1780ft in Eden would be one helluva snowy place.  1800ft right in the sweet spot of the Spine is true weenie delight.

Fantastic views of the old asbestos mine, ha.  I can see that thing clearly from Stowe.  Pretty much living on Belvedere Mountain, that would be obscene snows.

E1B1DB20-6D14-43AF-B62D-26320B18ACFB.jpeg.4e8b9058dea8adfe646ff0c5a6eb725c.jpeg

I was just about to say that.  Almost like a JSpin type spot but with an additional 1300' elevation.  Already has a driveway and septic so there is some value.  Not that far from Jay, Smuggs or Stowe.  Eden is a snow mecca.  I have a friend who has a camp up there on the lake.

12 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

2000’ in VT give or take seems a good elevation to bury bodies. Thaw it out in the warm season to dig the shallow graves, and then freeze it for several months to reduce the smell. Go get it picks. Can bury the husbands of all the milfs.

By the way people in the NEK tell it, the Victory Bog is half peat/ half bodies.  The climate of northern Vermont really means criminals need to plan on their body disposal better than they usually do plus they forget that people up here are always in the woods, especially this time of year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, klw said:

Two big signs of fall today:

1. a v-shaped flock of geese flying south over the Connecticut

2.  The hills are starting to get a tint of color to them and a few red/orange branches are popping out here and there.

It's that time of year. Fall foliage is one of my favorite things about fall. I'm obsessed with it. Maybe I'll plan a trip up there in late sep-early oct

• Like 1