Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

may have to close the pool after the weekend,  its unfortunate that its time low overnight temps and low sun angle, length of day are here. Sucks, will wait until the last minute but losing water temp every day.

Yeah. It is too cold now.  I will make one final ceremonial dip to say goodbye and get one September day in.  Awesome summer to have a pool.  

29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

3 furnace days Wed- Fri.with dews  One of those two will hit 90 BDL and BOS. All on track 

You haven't looked at any models today have you?  I guess if the GFS/NAM are calling for 85-86F at BDL, I could see you adding a few degrees to try for 90F... but nothing immediately says 90F in SNE.

Humid?  For sure.  Strikes me more as a humid 80-85F for the bulk of the populations down there on Thursday and maybe Friday.  Wednesday is 70s for highs.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

3 furnace days Wed- Fri.with dews  One of those two will hit 90 BDL and BOS. All on track 

-Wed looks like 70-75, clouds/showers, and rising dews

-Thursday big torch, 85-90 and dews in the low 70s

-Friday vintage DSD, 80s with dews dropping into the 40s/50s by late day 

Not exactly a 3 day furnace :lol: .. but Thursday def will be hot and humid 

if the models are right in the extended, could be a prolonged period of high dews and temps in the 80s coming up. Bet you can't wait to do the dew!

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah. It is too cold now.  I will make one final ceremonial dip to say goodbye and get one September day in.  Awesome summer to have a pool.  

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

I only missed the rainy days and Izzy, not many rainy days. Best summer in a long time.

Pool still 75°F, Solar cover and solar heater FTMFW.

• Like 3

The pool was closed last year on 09/11, Still on target for that date, Mainly its because of the huge oak that towers over one end, The leaf and acorn drop become unbearable so its a constant battle to keep clean as you have to vac it out to waste and then you're just wasting chemicals plus clogging the head with acorns, We use the skim net to get the bulk of it out first though.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, ma blizzard said:

if the models are right in the extended, could be a prolonged period of high dews and temps in the 80s coming up. Bet you can't wait to do the dew!

Heh...euro has dews in the 50s for most of the region Thursday. GFS 65-70+. Not sure I believe the euro there. I think I'm on the mid/upper 80s train with 850s 14C up here to 17C south of the Pike. We have an early to mid April sun angle now and still some evapotranspiration.

2 hours ago, ma blizzard said:

I think Friday’s the day BOS hits 90 with DSD and warm 850’s off a torch overnight. I doubt tomorrow is wet and rainy . Maybe a scattered shower

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think Friday’s the day BOS hits 90 with DSD and warm 850’s off a torch overnight. I doubt tomorrow is wet and rainy . Maybe a scattered shower

I could see Friday being the day too if I had to pick.  The final day before FROPA often sneaks in the warmer than modeled.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

The pool was closed last year on 09/11, Still on target for that date, Mainly its because of the huge oak that towers over one end, The leaf and acorn drop become unbearable so its a constant battle to keep clean as you have to vac it out to waste and then you're just wasting chemicals plus clogging the head with acorns, We use the skim net to get the bulk of it out first though.

Cut it down...problem solved. 

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Not that easy, There's more then one and these are 50-70 yr old trees, Behind those are white pines so pine needles are problematic too, You can see them in the background.

Oh I know it’s probably not that simple but Wouldn’t you want the pool to be exposed by as much sun as possible...especially in NNE..where you have a shorter summer?