Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

2 hours ago, ma blizzard said:

yeah if I had to nitpick I'd say we have had dewier summers and higher end heat waves, but this summer will def be remembered 

No rain and no cool downs. There were a few really hot days, but overall we got to the record with a continuous stream of AN days. No particular day really stands out. Boring.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

No rain and no cool downs. There were a few really hot days, but overall we got to the record with a continuous stream of AN days. No particular day really stands out. Boring.

Started out interesting, with my warmest May daily mean since moving here in 1998, followed 3 days later by my coldest June daily mean.  Then we touched 90 later that month, only the 2nd time since 2005.  The late-June/early-July rains were gratifying but managed to arrive without a single decent light show - only one strike within 2 miles.  Since then - mehhhhhhh!

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Izzy was it here. But personally I loved this summer.  Tanned and enjoyed the water as much as I could. Excellent Beach time closing in as Labor day approaches.  

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It was a nice summer, COVID and all. But weather wise it was boring. It was like running a cold winter by having 25/5 every day. 

It has been boring besides the TS, true. But boring is good too, loads of beach days and quiet, warm nights to relax outside. Can't say the same for a dry, frigid suppressed winter 

3 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

It has been boring besides the TS, true. But boring is good too, loads of beach days and quiet, warm nights to relax outside. Can't say the same for a dry, frigid suppressed winter 

I agree with you.  Did everything I normally do in a summer, tons of outdoor time and daily dips in the river or pool.  More humid than I would like but the big NNE heat first half of the summer was actually historically noteworthy... if it’s going to be hot, might as well do it like this up here with several monthly and station record max temps.

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It was a very poor summer...covid, social unrest, drought, wind damage, lost power for 8 days, etc...I mean, cool for a weenie on the outside looking in but I’d much rather not have to deal with all the crap and do more summer family vacations without a worry. Ready to move on. 

Social unrest? Drought? That affected your summer? Izzy and Covid of course but the others?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It was a very poor summer...covid, social unrest, drought, wind damage, lost power for 8 days, etc...I mean, cool for a weenie on the outside looking in but I’d much rather not have to deal with all the crap and do more summer family vacations without a worry. Ready to move on. 

Rain and average temps is all I want right now.

This summer sucked virtually start to finish for any meaningful weather.  I had my personal deluge in early June, and that was it.  Whatever that TS was sucked, the endless heat and humidity sucked, the lack of rain sucked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

This summer sucked virtually start to finish for any meaningful weather.  I had my personal deluge in early June, and that was it.  Whatever that TS was sucked, the endless heat and humidity sucked, the lack of rain sucked.

Weather wise, yea...it was awful. Add in ‘the other stuff’ that Steve questioned and it makes for a summer to forget. 

14 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Agree, all things considered an awful summer. 

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

When you say next week you imply the whole week. In fact your thickness is at the end of the week 

Monday and Tuesday look nice, although maybe warmer and more humid Tuesday in SNE with SE flow. Wed into the following weekend is when it looks toasty. 

On 8/24/2020 at 8:15 PM, Baroclinic Zone said:

This was the summer of “how much water can you shove into the troposphere without any of it falling out”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1