Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Celebrate with multiple IPAs tonight,  you did it. BDL tied with 73 hottest ever and now driest. Was a perfect summer to me sans Izzy

You sit the grandkids on the knee and you say” Summer of 2020 was Yore” . That’s all they need to hear. They understand it was the best ever complete with damaging TS and they yearn for more just like it , in  a warming climate 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You sit the grandkids on the knee and you say” Summer of 2020 was Yore” . That’s all they need to hear. They understand it was the best ever complete with damaging TS and they yearn for more just like it , in  a warming climate 

My grandkids will remember swimming in Poppas pool for days and the BLTs from the garden. Special summer 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Even on the north shore of Boston where they just split logs all day they in huge drought 

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?Northeast

hO7k1ni.png

I am on the north shore. I don't split logs all day but I know once that hurricane in 2 weeks goes over Ginxy's house I won't have Droughtstein in my living room any more. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Our grandparents told us about the great hurricanes. We get to tell the grandkids about the great tropical storm.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

As a grandfather, I still look back to 1966 when I lived in NNJ.  That met summer held NYC's heat and drought records for 44 years until 2010 came in a fraction warmer.  Still holds the drought record, also tied with 1953 for most 100+ (4) though the earlier year's 4th triple came in met fall.  Since I spent that summer working between counter and grill at Curtis-Wright's summer resort, that additional heat just accentuated the extremes that season.  On Sunday, July 3 NYC was 103 and LGA 107 and we had the biggest crowd through the gate of any day in my 2 summers there.  The coil thermometer at the end of the counter was well beyond 120, the highest number on its face, and I worked a lot closer to grill and fryers than was that instrument.  It was so far beyond anything in my NNE experience that the memory is emblazoned on my brain.  :o

• Like 2