• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Binworkin
    Newest Member
    Binworkin

February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

35 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

melt...ha, I couldn't be happier. Progressively warmer and sunnier days ahead. the melting going on will be that thinning, mediocre snow pack left over in NNE

Yes, mediocre. 

1B5B6CBA-B37B-49A3-BEB9-8654F5D595FA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Yes, mediocre. 

1B5B6CBA-B37B-49A3-BEB9-8654F5D595FA.jpeg

yeah I remember as a ten year old, thinking how deep the snow seemed. 

• Haha 1

even in bad winters like this one, during the 80s and 90s, a few weeks at N conway  crown ridge or village at Loon, you'd find 1-2' sometimes. There werent too many with bare ground even in bad times

16 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

SillyArtisticAxolotl-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

He is about to turn 16 and is 5’11”

15 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

That's insane. Doesn't even really look like much of a drift. 80" snow pack? wow.

Looks photoshopped to me....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Looks photoshopped to me....

It could be. I'm pretty good at Photoshop and i didn't notice anything really weird. It's a GIF file meaning multiple still images in sequence to give the illusion of a short video. Nothing really stands out to me but It def could be shopped.

9 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

what more could anyone ask for?..perfection for February. Maybe 60's but that is greedy

Sunday ...

Not nearly as cold as today with low level SW jet yielding WAA
boosting 925 mb temps from -10C/-11C today to about 0C to +1C by
Sunday afternoon. This will support highs in the 40s with low
probability of some towns in eastern MA possibly briefly touching 50
Sunday afternoon. So about 5-10 degs warmer than normal.

And yesterday was 22° BN here.  Torch

10 hours ago, Powderboy413 said:

Cold start to March

3CD298C3-BACB-4F12-A2E6-BC89744589EA.png

And the new map looks a bit warmer and trending mild even in the fantasy land map.  By the end on this fantasy land day most of the east gets back to above average heights.  

Then there is the CFS, as terrible as that model is it has trended much milder for the weeklies and the monthly report has also trended mild bordering on a March torch.  Point being we are not getting out of this pattern anytime soon, and that is something that you will have to accept that if your a snow lover this winter will be noted in the note book as a dismal epic fail.  The year with no winter.  Perhaps pay back from years ago in the year with no summer.  

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, Ogmios said:

And the new map looks a bit warmer and trending mild even in the fantasy land map.  By the end on this fantasy land day most of the east gets back to above average heights.  

Then there is the CFS, as terrible as that model is it has trended much milder for the weeklies and the monthly report has also trended mild bordering on a March torch.  Point being we are not getting out of this pattern anytime soon, and that is something that you will have to accept that if your a snow lover this winter will be noted in the note book as a dismal epic fail.  The year with no winter.  Perhaps pay back from years ago in the year with no summer.  

gary-coleman--1024x576.jpg

• Haha 2

There is still that window of opportunity late month into early March. I haven’t seen that change. After this week we warm again until late month. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, alex said:

An unexpected 0.7" overnight. Good to keep those trees white. 

62C019A0-CFDE-4102-BDE7-4AE398D406EE.jpeg

0.4 here! And to think people are trying to say this is a February to forget.  This was a storm for the ages!

I have now passed the 60" barrier on the year which is impressive seeing I have yet to get more than 6.5" for a single storm (unless that recent 2 parter counts which gave me 4 then 3.5)

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Worst winter in history?

Absolutely not!! Without looking back through my notes, 1989 comes to mind. Memories of wiring houses in February practically in a t shirt. So many 80s Winters were terrible. 

• Like 2

Ok, I'll take this deal.

Hold onto existing snow pack and add to it this week a bit, then get a 2 week period of snow and cold end of month and first 10 days of March.  Then a melt out and peas in the garden by April 1.  

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Worst winter in history?

3rd worst in my location behind 97/98 and 01/02.

80s were bad but only one ratter. Just a long string of below average snowfall winters

17 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

3rd worst in my location behind 97/98 and 01/02.

80s were bad but only one ratter. Just a long string of below average snowfall winters

Going to Orlando for NH school vacation. A giant storm is guaranteed. The biggest ones always happen when I'm gone lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

There is still that window of opportunity late month into early March. I haven’t seen that change. After this week we warm again until late month. 

Yeah could be pretty fugly for a week. Thaw it out a bit and then cheer on one last hurrah.

image.png