• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowIsMyName
    Newest Member
    SnowIsMyName

Tuesday 1/7/20 Disco snow event

This is a pretty solid bust for DC S and E.  I wouldn't care as much if we had a legit chance within the next two weeks.   Well, this is part of being in civilization vs cows.  Trade offs people, trade offs. 

• Like 4

Just now, stormtracker said:

This is a pretty solid bust for DC S and E.  I wouldn't care as much if we had a legit chance within the next two weeks.   Well, this is part of being in civilization vs cows.  Trade offs people, trade offs. 

Surface this morning was a loud clue. Once I hit 41 I knew I wouldn't start off with all snow. Finally just about 100% snow. We'll see what happens. 

• Like 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

Thought models were showing a pretty sharp cutoff as we closed in - not sure how much of a bust that this is for those areas if you had realistic expectations 

Roads are starting to cave here in Hanover with roughly an inch so far and moderate snow falling. Temps have dropped from 37.5 to 33 degrees since the snow started roughly an hour ago.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Not over yet...but not looking good.  The UHI effect does seem to be getting worse in marginal situations...even faster then the general climo is degrading.  There have been so many marginal historically 50/50 setups recently but they all seem to break wrong now.  

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I've gained a little weight...so

7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

you get used to the smell 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

That is honestly my favorite radar to follow during an event. It's extremely good at pinpointing the changeover line(s). 

not at all accurate up here. it has never rained

• Like 2