• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    crossbowftw3
    Newest Member
    crossbowftw3

February 10-12, 2019 Storm

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

00z RAOB from IAD supports snow.  Good to see.

I was surprised with the 850 meso panel posted earlier. Colder than I thought. I don't have high hopes for my yard but will be a win if it's snowing during my dogwalk later 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I was surprised with the 850 meso panel posted earlier. Colder than I thought. I don't have high hopes for my yard but will be a win if it's snowing during my dogwalk later 

You’re a good egg Bob.  Hope you get something white.  It’s snowing in Stafford Va so there must be some wedged cold. 

• Like 1

Everything caved instantly. I gotta say the models did a really good job over the past 10 days. After last weeks storm they had the torch and next event just about perfectly pinned down. Missed this event by a day from 10 days out. Impressive.

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

We are looking somewhat colder and 925/850 than I thought.  Combine that with this being at night and some drier air to help us wetbulb more efficiently and tonight could be a quick 1" - 3" for some.

5 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

Yayyyyy

Apparently Prince William already closed for tomorrow

1 minute ago, luckyamaha said:

Apparently Prince William already closed for tomorrow

Yes they did.  Why we are not sure but ok. 

Looks like Southwest Airlines is going the extra cautious route.  Wife’s flight out of BWI tomorrow at 1:35PM is already cancelled along with a whole bunch more.

3 minutes ago, MDphotog said:

Looks like Southwest Airlines is going the extra cautious route.  Wife’s flight out of BWI tomorrow at 1:35PM is already cancelled along with a whole bunch more.

Southwest has such a high utilization rate of its fleet that it can't afford to risk it 

is it me or is there an enormous snow hole/circle over Anne Arundel, Montgomery, Howard, PG, and DC rigt now.  God is laughing at us.

Just now, grhqofb5 said:

is it me or is there an enormous snow hole/circle over Anne Arundel, Montgomery, Howard, PG, and DC rigt now.  God is laughing at us.

It looks to be closing in

Just now, grhqofb5 said:

It's closing pretty quickly.  

Just now, grhqofb5 said:

If that's the case then you can add central Baltimore county to the list, because I see nothing here yet.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, grhqofb5 said:

Has to do with the angle of the radar beam, notice the center of the hole is where the LWX radar is located.  Try a different (higher) beam angle and the hole shrinks.   Happens every snow....

• Like 1