Newest Member
    joxey
Bonafide SWFE 2/7-8

weathafella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Yep, I guess you're tossing the whole 12z suite? 

No, I'm utilizing the 12z suite as I do any other suite. A tool to inform my forecast, which is also comprised of a pretty firm grasp of local climatology and model biases in relation to certain mesoscale phenomena, namely agesotrophic cold drain.

Good luck-

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

More difficult forecast down your way.   If you only get 2" and then flip to PL/RA  there will be lots of people b*tching about why school was canceled.   Of course models could also tic colder at 18z...

I'd be more inclined to cancel school for .30" of ice accretion, than I would 5" of snow...just me.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There haven’t been any changes since yesterday. 

It’s a 3-5” heavy thump for N CT, hours of zr with temps <32, ends as a burst of snow

I actually agree with you on all of that except ending as a burst of snow.

I think the ending as a burst of snow in SWFE is very difficult with that mid level dry slot trucking through.

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Do you think there is the potential for that much ice?

Some spots could see .25", anyway..I would think.

I don't want to speak out of turn because I haven't delved into that much.

The only limiting factor is going to be residence time in any one area...I would say N CT, and s central Mass have the best shot....like southern ORH co.

Hell, if this ticks a bit warmer, my area could be in trouble.

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I guess some didn't look at the models for the light snows that were popping up in W NE.  Looks like NAM ended up being more right than wrong with it.

We talked about it yesterday and asked why it was not mentioned, Euro showed exactly what we got a nice thick covering here at work with an impressive burst, flurries now. Wintry appeal

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Some spots could see .25", anyway..I would think.

I don't want to speak out of turn because I haven't delved into that much.

The only limiting factor is going to be residence time in any one area...I could say N CT, and s central Mass have the best shot....like southern ORH co.

Yeah this is trucking along...there won't be big accretions with this due to the time factor, but obviously it only takes a little to cause a nightmare on untreated surfaces.

This is going to be a typical "amped" SWFE...pretty safe to stay with climo on the amped SWFE....go solid advisory for pike region (3-6 from south to north about 25 miles each side)....5-9 for border region up into CNE...maybe some lucky lollis to 10-11".

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah this is trucking along...there won't be big accretions with this due to the time factor, but obviously it only takes a little to cause a nightmare on untreated surfaces.

This is going to be a typical "amped" SWFE...pretty safe to stay with climo on the amped SWFE....go solid advisory for pike region (3-6 from south to north about 25 miles each side)....5-9 for border region up into CNE...maybe some lucky lollis to 10-11".

and then the solid 8-12 in Dendriteland, with the occassionally lucky 14" lollipop (but only in really wet SWFE)

Archived