Newest Member
    joxey
Bonafide SWFE 2/7-8

weathafella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jbenedet said:

The hi-res NAM doesn't bring the SLP over the interior either. But the warmth at 850 and the surface is still well inland....

I would have thought all these CAD events in December would have you finally learn that the interior doesn't warm up at the surface on these setups....particularly outside of I-495 and N of the pike. 850 is a totally different story....that could easily torch right up your fanny. But the surface is not going to.

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Since when is this high in a great position?

Im on mobile and screen cuts off near east nova scotia can anyone post 18z or 0z high position/orientation

It's not ideal. Slides too far east. But it's fine for the interior. You don't need a massive 1040 high due north of Caribou Maine.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I would have thought all these CAD events in December would have you finally learn that the interior doesn't warm up at the surface on these setups....particularly outside of I-495 and N of the pike. 850 is a totally different story....that could easily torch right up your fanny. But the surface is not going to.

Seems like an easy concept to grasp.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It's not ideal. Slides too far east. But it's fine for the interior. You don't need a massive 1040 high due north of Caribou Maine.

It needs to slide east a solid 6-12 hours earlier to torch the interior...it is still due north of CAR at 12z tomorrow....that's game over for any shot at warming in the interior.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

We disagree on this being a CAD event. I just don't see it that way. 

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Pending the 12z guidance it’s mesos vs globals.  You’d think mesos would have CAD better figured out...

Yea. The mesos have picked up on the low level CAD on every event it was there this season....Not sure why this time would be different.

Even the ARW's don't see anything...

Just now, jbenedet said:

We disagree on this being a CAD event. I just don't see it that way. 

How is this surface depiction NOT cold air damming?

This is very classic....I drew the red warm front clearly visible on the isobars and the wedging of the high down into the interior....its plain as day

Feb6_12zNAM.gif

Archived