Newest Member
    joxey
Bonafide SWFE 2/7-8

weathafella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm thinking more for temps in those areas to the north. 

Oh, for sure.  We know the drill on surface temps.  But this may be more of a mashed potato 6:1 or 8:1 type snow for a lot.  I'm not sure I trust the 10:1 algos and the Koochie is tossed off the Tobin for an event such as this.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

GFS has been the furthest south and coldest it seems, so the 12z run will be interesting to see.  I think it holds its course.

GGEM after days of being the coldest did go warmer at 00z, so that'll be another interesting trend to see if it continues to backs off again.

The GEM is always vacillating between extreme solutions on either end of the spectrum.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The GEM's is always vacillating between extreme solutions on either end of the spectrum.

Yeah but I thought it was the most consistent of the models for days.  It was odd to see.  It didn't change that much at 00z, just a bit warmer. 

The EURO has moved around more than the GGEM, IMO over the past 72 hours.  But like you said, it just hard to trust it in anything, even if its the same solution 8 runs in a row.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah but I thought it was the most consistent of the models for days.  It was odd to see.  It didn't change that much at 00z, just a bit warmer. 

The EURO has moved around more than the GGEM, IMO over the past 72 hours.  But like you said, it just hard to trust it in anything, even if its the same solution 8 runs in a row.

Yes, it had been consistent as it relates to this event.....but I don't think the fact that the GEM broke continuity with itself is very important since it is a deplorable model.

I guess I'd just go standard SWFE climo when a good high is well placed, unless presented with overwhelming evidence otherwise.

I don't see that.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It could go over BOS. That's not the argument though. Congrats on staying below 32.

Yeah we're arguing that it's not going over the interior...BOS is fair game, tohugh that is prob the NW exteme I'd put it at. My money is on SE MA.

Archived