Newest Member
    joxey
Bonafide SWFE 2/7-8

weathafella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Pope, after you’re here for awhile longer you’ll realize these events are often very nice events doe many pike north.   I’ll be surprised if you don’t get 6-10.

Maybe. I just think the bait is that surface HP to our NE. It looks great for sufficient CAD for our area to keep us frozen, but it's really just an extension of a massive ridge over the W Atlantic, and as a result the mid level and low level flow is out of the south and east...

The increasing heights over our head aren't due to the storm system - it's due to the WAR....

13 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

That was the first 12z run of the suite. I don't have any reason to discount it (yet).

I've been leaning warmer for days with this for reasons I've previously described...

Also given the convective nature of this event, I think the mesos will have more use here. The nam performed well with the previous event which was similar to this. In addition, the mesos - particularly the high res - are usually superior at picking up BL temps at this range.

12z 3km Nam has it tracking further SE and colder if that's the case, Actually, Its almost the same as 06z, Basically noise.

I'd typically want to see a very intense vortmax riding up through like ALB to get a sfc low track over ORH...otherwise, it will run into that low level airmass and then get squeezed over RI/SE MA....very hard to run a sfc low into the interior without very good dynamical forcing to the west. Mid-level low? Sure....but not surface.

17 minutes ago, dryslot said:

It was a little more generous this run, It gives me 4" while 2 miles north its 9" lol

Climo karma?

GYX 90/50/10% product has Farmington at 6/10/13".  Would be nice.  (Of course, I remember last Feb 14 when at this distance the numbers were 8/17/21" and they verified at 5.1".)

Just now, tamarack said:

Climo karma?

GYX 90/50/10% product has Farmington at 6/10/13".  Would be nice.  (Of course, I remember last Feb 14 when at this distance the numbers were 8/17/21" and they verified at 5.1".)

We both will do ok with this one, 6-10" and will end on the higher side, No reason to waver from this thought.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'd typically want to see a very intense vortmax riding up through like ALB to get a sfc low track over ORH...otherwise, it will run into that low level airmass and then get squeezed over RI/SE MA....very hard to run a sfc low into the interior without very good dynamical forcing to the west. Mid-level low? Sure....but not surface.

How many times do we see this? It never fails. It’s going over SE MA.

Just now, dryslot said:

We both will do ok with this one, 6-10" and will end on the higher side, No reason to waver from this thought.

I think you can lock in 6-10" for everyone north of the MA/VT/NH borders... done deal.

The trick is can we tickle a quick 5-6" down into ORH area before warming aloft.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I think you can lock in 6-10" for everyone north of the MA/VT/NH borders... done deal.

The trick is can we tickle a quick 5-6" down into ORH area before warming aloft.

A little more dicey down that way, A few miles one way or the other will be a big difference in totals.

Archived