Newest Member
    joxey
Bonafide SWFE 2/7-8

weathafella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Serious question. Am I misremembering SWFE climo here? I recall it being a 3-5” event followed by a mixed back and ending as a brief period of rain.

This looks to produce virtually no snow here. Am i wrong, or is this just just  warmer version SWFE

Warmer version. You are thinking of ones with a bit better antecedent airmass and high placement.

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Serious question. Am I misremembering SWFE climo here? I recall it being a 3-5” event followed by a mixed back and ending as a brief period of rain.

This looks to produce virtually no snow here. Am i wrong, or is this just just  warmer version SWFE

You'll get a couple I bet.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Warmer version. You are thinking of ones with a bit better antecedent airmass and high placement.

Makes sense.. I figured that was the case. 

Euro gives maybe a tenth to nearly two tenths as snow here... might be enough to lay down an inch and make the roads a bit hazardous for a while

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

You'll get a couple I bet.

I wouldn’t be surprised with half an inch or 3-4” if we’re being honest. These things tend to come in like a wall.. if we hold snow for 90 minutes longer than models predict... could equal another 2” of snow. 

At this point, I’d lean on the lower end though

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised with half an inch or 3-4” if we’re being honest. These things tend to come in like a wall.. if we hold snow for 90 minutes longer than models predict... could equal another 2” of snow. 

At this point, I’d lean on the lower end though

Safe bet.  We're gonna inch our way to climo.

6 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

In your job you probably have a better sense of this than I, but I doubt that'll be the case.  It's not like its impacting any hubs or anything.  Do you have anything that shows how airports do wrt to cancellations in storms?

It's all the airline. In general they love to cancel because it saves money. Diversions, delays, and fines from sitting on the tarmac cost tons of money. I would prepare for a cancellation if I were you. I know it sucks, but with the weather...not sure how many will get out of BDL at 2pm.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Its either call school  off or send them up here, There is no early dismissals, One of these deals where its starts here mid morning and is ripping by the time they get out.

We actually do have early dismissals here.  Tomorrow happened to be a scheduled half day already, wonder if they’ll just call the whole day now.

5 minutes ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

Some of the jbenedet ball busting that went on today was over the top. He's an asset to this site. His posts are intellectually sound, well written, respectful and erudite. He never goes off topic with political rants nor does he intentionally needle posters like ginxie.

pope_3008211b.jpg

Archived