Newest Member
    joxey
Bonafide SWFE 2/7-8

weathafella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

One issue the pope had is that what he was saying meant less snow, which has always a predictable reaction of disgust and one liners within 48 hrs to a storm.

Will actually backed up his difference of opinion on CAD w maps and meteorology.

Now i wish we just had a map and we could see forecast totals that those arguing were predicting bc some people are closer in forecasts than discussion would lead you to believe. Also, i beleive he was just saying hey there may be more liquid SE of 495 (in mass)and near the coast in NH.

Pink 6-12" all frozen (some sleet).

Yellow 4-8" snow/sleet to 3 hr period of moderate rain.

Light Blue 3-6" front end thump to a 3-6 hr period of rain. 

Gray: 1-3" to rain.

Green: 1" to rain.

The 4-8" gradient goes along Rt 125 in NH. west of there is 6-12", east of there is 4-8" 3 hr period of rain.

massachusetts.gif

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

The 4-8" gradient goes along Rt 125 in NH. west of there is 6-12", east of there is 4-8"

massachusetts.gif

Textbook

3 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

The 4-8" gradient goes along Rt 125 in NH. west of there is 6-12", east of there is 4-8" 3 hr period of rain.

massachusetts.gif

Not a bad guess, although I don't see ORH on north getting rain. The range works too, because the euro seemed on the lighter side south of NH border.

Pope's map is pretty good but I doubt much if any rain in the yellow zone. That's really the only thing I'd change....it may not rain down into southern ORH county either...but that is still up for debate, could sneak to 33-34 there near the end before the front sinks back SE.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Pope's map is pretty good but I doubt much if any rain in the yellow zone. That's really the only thing I'd change....it may not rain down into southern ORH county either...but that is still up for debate, could sneak to 33-34 there near the end before the front sinks back SE.

There won’t be any rain north of 84 either. Swiss keeps it near 30

2 minutes ago, 8611Blizz said:

Is this a flash freeze situation on the coast tomorrow night?

Iffy...prob a nowcast. Depends on how efficiently any mesolow out ahead of the main one develops...if it is able to, then we could def see a preservation of mid to upper 20s just inland and then it sloshes right back to the coast.

But if the mesolow is not very defined, then you end up with more like 31-32F inland and there isn't as much of a threat of freezing on the coast when winds turn back N.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Iffy...prob a nowcast. Depends on how efficiently any mesolow out ahead of the main one develops...if it is able to, then we could def see a preservation of mid to upper 20s just inland and then it sloshes right back to the coast.

But if the mesolow is not very defined, then you end up with more like 31-32F inland and there isn't as much of a threat of freezing on the coast when winds turn back N.

Ok thanks Will.  More directly what do you think Boston's low on Thursday morning will be?

Earlier guidance has a flash freeze look. But it's possible it may take a few hours for temp to fall below 32 at BOS again which would negate that. It's close. You really want those temps in the mid 20s close by. Otherwise it may get slippery, but it's manageable. Like Will said, a little meso low would help tuck it in closer and more quickly.

1 hour ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

Some of the jbenedet ball busting that went on today was over the top. He's an asset to this site. His posts are intellectually sound, well written, respectful and erudite. He never goes off topic with political rants nor does he intentionally needle posters like ginxie.

Sorry, denying the existence of CAD in response to a patently obvious illustration of it is silly.

I don't think anyone personally attacked him.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Sorry, denying the existence of CAD in response to a patently obvious illustration of it is silly.

I don't think anyone personally attacked him.

This, It was all in jest most of it and the thoughts displayed had merit knowing these types of system, Some need to lighten up.

Archived