• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Saturday December 30 Snow Obs and Disco

SnowGolfBro

This is a good event, considering the dry and cold pattern. I have had 2.2 inches and a third of an inch in December. I am ABOVE climo for this month. My climo snow for this month is an inch. I am very happy.

Lets see how January goes. We will still get snow in this cold pattern. I also think it very likely that we will have recurring frigid outbreaks this winter and many other snow events, some of which will be heavy snow producers.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woke up to a sparkly quarter inch or so. Looks like nice fluffy dendrites too, not fine pixie dust. Was probably a quick moderate burst on the leading edge. Too bad I missed it lol. A bit surprised I got anything here.

eta- Looks like some development west of here so maybe another another band yet to move through.

Got 0.4". I took a quick nap so I could measure before we most likely go to freezing today. Honestly, not too disappointed. Snow is snow, and the short term models looked anemic before precip started sprouting in far SW Virginia. That walk I took was amazing though. Beautiful frigid snowfall, and who doesn't like that?

Just cleaned off my car. What a beautiful fine powder. No official measurement, but eyeballing around 0.5" or so. Will take a measurement shortly for Germantown area after I warm up a bit from cleaning my car. Best band of the day is going on now in Northern Carroll near @psuhoffman. Going to be some 1-2" reports along the Mason Dixon line for sure. A nice area of H85 frontogenesis over the north and northeastern portion of MD into southern portions of PA. A few decent bands running around for our northern brethren. Mappy getting in on the hoffman band now. All in all, a nice little disturbance.

Edit: 0.5" is the measurement at the office. 

58 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Just cleaned off my car. What a beautiful fine powder. No official measurement, but eyeballing around 0.5" or so. Will take a measurement shortly for Germantown area after I warm up a bit from cleaning my car. Best band of the day is going on now in Northern Carroll near @psuhoffman. Going to be some 1-2" reports along the Mason Dixon line for sure. A nice area of H85 frontogenesis over the north and northeastern portion of MD into southern portions of PA. A few decent bands running around for our northern brethren. Mappy getting in on the hoffman band now. All in all, a nice little disturbance.

Edit: 0.5" is the measurement at the office. 

Still in bed. Haven’t looked 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived