Newest Member
    joxey
Major Hurricane Irma

NJwx85

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hazey said:

Nice right hook...lol. I stand corrected. Might still head for the Carolinas.

You said confidently it wasn't going to that this time.  

15 minutes ago, TriPol said:

I'm not buying what the EURO is selling. 24 hours ago it was OTS, now it's hitting the keys? That's a drastic shift.

It's not hitting the keys this run.  Any scientific reason you're not buying the Euro?

Everyone needs to pick up their game.  Otherwise, we do have a banter thread that no one is using .

Two things  a serious one and a not so serious one  

i have family who reside In the US Virgin Islands. Whats the prognosis, mainly for St Thomas and Water Island?

Secondly....

Wow. Sensationalize much?

I thought yall would get a kick out of this one. Its kinda over the top. 

http://sonsoflibertymedia.com/category-6-hurricane-irma-becomes-strongest-hurricane-history-wipe-entire-cities-off-map/

Posting from iPhone. Sorry if formatinf looks sucky. 

1 minute ago, medville said:

Two things  a serious one and a not so serious one  

i have family who reside In the US Virgin Islands. Whats the prognosis, mainly for St Thomas and Water Island?

Secondly....

Wow. Sensationalize much?

I thought yall would get a kick out of this one. Its kinda over the top. 

http://sonsoflibertymedia.com/category-6-hurricane-irma-becomes-strongest-hurricane-history-wipe-entire-cities-off-map/

Posting from iPhone. Sorry if formatinf looks sucky. 

Way too early to wager an educated guess on that

3 minutes ago, Rjay said:

You said confidently it wasn't going to that this time.  

It's not hitting the keys this run.  Any scientific reason you're not buying the Euro?

Everyone needs to pick up their game.  Otherwise, we do have a banter thread that no one is using .

Yeah, despite changing operational runs the Euro remains well within the envelope of ensemble members. So no reason why 12z is any less likely than 00z last night, or 12z yesterday.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Yeah, despite changing operational runs the Euro remains well within the envelope of ensemble members. So no reason why 12z is any less likely than 00z last night, or 12z yesterday.

I know you know this, but it's worth stating that by definition, being closer in time to the actual event, the most recent model run, barring modeling/data errors, should always be more accurate than any previous version.  In the limit the models are very, very accurate 1 hour out, lol.  

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

To me, the OP Euro past 120 hrs is just another ensemble member.

The big closed low off of New Foundland is a new feature from previous runs. That's throwing a wrench in any building 500mb heights to the ENE. But the mid-to-upper low over the TN Valley is still resolved. This may have resulted in a slow down to the east, stall or loop off the coast for a while beyond 240 hrs. Anyway, reiterating still a week to go.

4 minutes ago, Windspeed said:

The big closed low off of New Foundland is a new feature from previous runs. That's throwing a wrench in any building 500mb heights to the ENE. But the mid-to-upper low over the TN Valley is still resolved. This may have resulted in a slow down to the east, stall or loop off the coast for a while beyond 240 hrs. Anyway, reiterating still a week to go.

Interesting thing is this storm seems to remain in the 9-10 day period 

3 minutes ago, Hazey said:

That system south of Newfoundland is breaking down the ridge. Wasn't on the model yesterday. Shows you how quickly things can change this far out.

That trough has so many implications and no way any of this gets solved for another 2/3 days. We're literally walking a fine line here once the storm enters the Bahamas. 

Archived