Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

NinjaWarrior2

Nice! :)

I'm finishing (at least trying to) the winter black porter that I brewed. Now I need to decide what to brew over spring break. I definitely want to do something hoppy and citrusy, but it's still spring so I'm thinking about a black imperial IPA clone.

Sounds yum. Brew an imperial stout, and send me 6 ;)

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend in AK recently went on a camping trip up the Dalton Highway and got stuck in a good ole' fashioned interior snowstorm on the way back, south of the Brooks Range. Crazy stuff. Check out his videos below...I figured some of you guys would find them interesting.

Awesome.  Well, from a weenie perspective.

My friend in AK recently went on a camping trip up the Dalton Highway and got stuck in a good ole' fashioned interior snowstorm on the way back, south of the Brooks Range. Crazy stuff. Check out his videos below...I figured some of you guys would find them interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=cQB3WU5EwR0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRgPVvA21pw

that is the scariest feeling. I love snow as everyone on here but that is a bit too extreme for my taste. If I can be in a nice cabin with those conditions I wouldn't mind but driving well that was scary. Hope you're friend made it home safely.

Saw that backdoor cold front progressing west this morning and thought it would put a damper on the torch.  Looks like it stalled out around the I-83 corridor and has since nudged back east to the Susquehanna River.

Never really got here.... 73 today

I believe Canaan is the highest mountain valley in the eastern US. Its a really beautiful place. Did quite a bit of hiking and taking photos there last summer. Learned a lot about the area. Had no idea about the extensive wetlands there.

I edited to move this to banter, but yes, I think you're right about Dolly Sods being the highest plateau in the eastern US. I also remember reading how it compares to areas much further north in Canada rather than the mid-Atlantic or even other Appalachian areas. As far as the wetlands, I've no idea why I think this, but whenever I hike through the Sods, I always think, "This is what Scotland must be like." I've never been to Scotland but it doesn't stop me from also wondering if a good distillery in that area could produce a smokey, peaty, whisky similar to the Scots.

But that's obviously dreaming. Or maybe not. JonJon??? ;)

Archived