joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

NinjaWarrior2

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations. You've made my ignore list. That makes all of two. You should be proud.

And remind us again? How old are you?

Congrats for announcing it! Sorry to have commented on the weather on a weather board! Congrats on being above it all!

Old enough to wonder why so serious!

Also, high five for cold rain!

Ps - I am here all year - for all seasons! See you again next November!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats for announcing it! Sorry to have commented on the weather on a weather board! Congrats on being above it all!

The problem is you are not commenting on the weather. You have just been endlessly complaining about the weather for 3 weeks. It gets old fast.

Also, high five for cold rain!

Ps - I am here all year - for all seasons! See you again next November!

You do kind of complain a lot lol. Whatever.. When I first started lurking here I was surprised how many people were also into thunderstorms. I'm year round as well. I love all storms :)

You do kind of complain a lot lol. Whatever.. When I first started lurking here I was surprised how many people were also into thunderstorms. I'm year round as well. I love all storms :)

I thought the Feb tstorm and tornado outbreak was kick ass from an interesting weather perspective. Same with seeing white parachutes fall today. Interesting and/or unusual weather moments are a nice break from the 330+/- boring days in a year. If we get some snow showers in early April I'll enjoy that as well.

How is this an issue? It's banter?

A lot of people complain around here. I haven't seen a flake today and my team was knocked out of the tournament after one of the worst first half performances in school history. Don't make me go East Coast NPZ on all of you. 

giphy.gif

Lol.  That's awesome. 

Sorry about your huskies.

How is this an issue? It's banter?

A lot of people complain around here. I haven't seen a flake today and my team was knocked out of the tournament after one of the worst first half performances in school history. Don't make me go East Coast NPZ on all of you.

giphy.gif

Don't get me wrong. We have our moments, that's for sure lol. I see it as someone with a true passion for weather.

I agree, Bob. Anything interesting is definitely of interest to me. I love it all. I'm not gonna lie. I'll even pull for that record high July day if it's in reach. 103 or bust lol.

Also, God forbid someone mention there might be views counter to snow zealots at all costs? Maybe enough room on this board for more than snow zealots at all costs?

Or perhaps not. Snow! No matter what!

That's a strawman.... I think most of the forum is on board with spring at this point, but we also have realistic expectations.... it isn't going to be sunny and 70+ every day, and in fact those who love warmth in March have been very lucky this year... just look up the monthly departure from normal.

Complaining about a handful of cool, dreary days in early spring (which is to be expected any year) is like complaining about a brief torch in an otherwise cold and snowy winter. I'm sure you'd be annoyed by that.

I made one comment today in a banter thread and one obs and got put on blast - so my reaction was to that. And, yes, as much as I love snow, and I truly do, there is a degree of snow zealotry around here that if you don't meet it it Is like you are a weather heretic. People share opinions about loving snow no matter what and that's great but if you share an opinion that ****ty days are kinda ****ty ( and for SADS folks, of which I am one - 35 and rain on a late Saturday in March is kinda ****ty) well - that's not ok. Just pisses me off.

I made one comment today in a banter thread and one obs and got put on blast - so my reaction was to that. And, yes, as much as I love snow, and I truly do, there is a degree of snow zealotry around here that if you don't meet it it Is like you are a weather heretic. People share opinions about loving snow no matter what and that's great but if you share an opinion that ****ty days are kinda ****ty ( and for SADS folks, of which I am one - 35 and rain on a late Saturday in March is kinda ****ty) well - that's not ok. Just pisses me off.

There are several of us that have been doing map analysis right up until the very end. Taking time out to post to the forum because we enjoy the science and love to add information that may help others. It is not wrong to express an opinion but your initial ones make it seem as though our posts are/have been a waste of time and don't mean anything. Nobody likes to hear that and it's not too constructive.

Need more beer talk.

My girlfriend and I made the trip up to Hanover PA yesterday to visit Miscreation and Something Wicked breweries / tasting rooms. Both were very good! Also got to play a boat load of classic 80's arcade games at a place called Timeline. Nice little town.

As far as snow, along 795 and route 30, it was pouring snow from Owings Mills up to Manchester, then nothing in PA.

Archived