joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

NinjaWarrior2

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't lie I am so jealous of those lucky ducklings in lower Wisconsin. Could be looking at 2 ft+ there. Brings me back to our storm and all the hype we had leading up to it. *sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Son said they had picked up a good bit of snow in last week back in the 20-30 inch range on the ground in the area. They had melted down into the lower teens for a few days back around the 10th, and they had a period around middle of Jan that was down in teens, rest of season has been in the 20+ range on the ground. Such a tough life out there. haha

Oh, sorry, he is in the Breckenridge, CO area. I'm searching for property for retirement myself. I'll spend my later years doing the Jeb shovel special.

I hope it wasn't as bad as MD's choke to Duke in, I think, '03.

Glad they pulled it out though. I have them beating OK. :/

It was the "miracle minute" in 2001. Tonight was worse actually. But not nearly as painful...lol

I was at that game in 2001 -- when they were still playing at Cole. Worst. Ending. Ever. 

It was the "miracle minute" in 2001. Tonight was worse actually. But not nearly as painful...lol

I was at that game :cry: . I still want to strangle Jay Williams. Funny thing is i was sitting next to the former disgraced mayor of Baltimore, Juan's aunt Sheila Dixon. Something not so funny is that she can actually be the next mayor of Baltimore :facepalm: .  At least the next night was sheer joy.

I was at that game :cry: . I still want to strangle Jay Williams. Funny thing is i was sitting next to the former disgraced mayor of Baltimore, Juan's aunt Sheila Dixon. Something not so funny is that she can actually be the next mayor of Baltimore :facepalm: . At least the next night was sheer joy.

That loss was so sickening it actually took away a little from the superbowl victory the next day.

Oddly enough about 2 weeks ago I watched the entire game on youtube. The announcers were Brad Dougherty and Mike Patrick and the atmosphere was unbelievable. Still can't believe the ending. Once we took the lead midway through the first half we dominated the rest of the game until the last minute.

The Northern Iowa game made me physically ill.

As a former basketball coach of 23 years, I can tell you that if I had ever had a team play 30 seconds that fundamentally UNSOUND, I don't think I could have survived it.  It was the worst thing I've ever seen.  Not only is it the greatest giveaway in NCAA history, it would fill a book with what NOT to do.  I've watched the video breakdown of it several times this morning and stunned amazement is the only way I know how to express my reaction to it.

Congrats to Maryland.  Good win.

That loss was so sickening it actually took away a little from the superbowl victory the next day.

Oddly enough about 2 weeks ago I watched the entire game on youtube. The announcers were Brad Dougherty and Mike Patrick and the atmosphere was unbelievable. Still can't believe the ending. Once we took the lead midway through the first half we dominated the rest of the game until the last minute.

It was the loudest MD game i have ever been to. If the Ravens had lost the next night i may have headed to the Susquehanna. The only thing worse was the final four game where the refs actually stole the game from us.

Me either. I was so young and sexy back then.

Lol. We all were.

I can't believe you watched it all the way through again. I was reluctant to bring it up at all because it still stings.

Lol. We all were.

I can't believe you watched it all the way through again. I was reluctant to bring it up at all because it still stings.

There's a few games I cannot watch because it will sicken me. That's one of them, so is the Jeffrey Meier game, and Game 7 of the '96 playoff series between the Blues and Red Wings. Yzerman from just inside the blue line....

I don't know if I have seen a cherry blossom thread for this year - but in an effort to avoid wasting another gorgeous day in the middle of a work week with colder temps on the weekend looming, I am taking my son who is on spring break down to DC tomorrow to see the trees and what not. Have never gone specifically to see the blossoms - what's the best approach - head to the Mall and walk down to the tidal basin?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if I have seen a cherry blossom thread for this year - but in an effort to avoid wasting another gorgeous day in the middle of a work week with colder temps on the weekend looming, I am taking my son who is on spring break down to DC tomorrow to see the trees and what not. Have never gone specifically to see the blossoms - what's the best approach - head to the Mall and walk down to the tidal basin?

Thanks in advance.

A really fun way to do it is bring bikes and park at gravelly point just to the west of DCA and ride the path right along the river. Great view from across the water. Then ride over memorial bridge and explore the entire tidal basin area. Ride over the 14th St bridge on the way back. Totally safe bike routes everywhere.

If you're driving then parking is a challenge if you don't want to pay. Haines point is close and you may have a good chance at a parking spot.

If going in metro the Smithsonian stop is the best. Short walk to the tidal basin.

I'm doing the bike thing on Friday with my kids. Looking forward to it.

A really fun way to do it is bring bikes and park at gravelly point just to the west of DCA and ride the path right along the river. Great view from across the water. Then ride over memorial bridge and explore the entire tidal basin area. Ride over the 14th St bridge on the way back. Totally safe bike routes everywhere.

If you're driving then parking is a challenge if you don't want to pay. Haines point is close and you may have a good chance at a parking spot.

If going in metro the Smithsonian stop is the best. Short walk to the tidal basin.

How far from the Verizon Center is this? I'm heading down for the Blues game Saturday and I think I'll walk around town prior to the game. 

How far from the Verizon Center is this? I'm heading down for the Blues game Saturday and I think I'll walk around town prior to the game. 

Not far at all. About a mile and a half to the tidal basin. 30 minute walk. You could get off at smithsonian and check out the mall/tidal basin and then walk to verizon. 

Thanks bob - prob won't be able to coordinate the bikes. Am planning on MARC and then will take metro the Smithsonian stop.

The cherry blossom trees at the arboretum are sway from where the Eagles are. And most of the eagle area is roped off. There aren't enough cherry trees there to make it worth a visit on its own. The azalea bloom is the real winner there.

If the goal is to see peak cherry blossoms, tomorrow is too soon. Suspect that Friday-Sunday will be good. Unfortunately, that means crazy crowds and an unpleasant experience. Unless you enjoy bumping into people every few steps.

The cherry blossom trees at the arboretum are sway from where the Eagles are. And most of the eagle area is roped off. There aren't enough cherry trees there to make it worth a visit on its own. The azalea bloom is the real winner there.

If the goal is to see peak cherry blossoms, tomorrow is too soon. Suspect that Friday-Sunday will be good. Unfortunately, that means crazy crowds and an unpleasant experience. Unless you enjoy bumping into people every few steps.

Yeah - my goal isn't peak because I don't want to deal with Easter weekend crowds. Weather looks great tomorrow and there should be enough out for it to be a nice trip, is my thought.

My friend in AK recently went on a camping trip up the Dalton Highway and got stuck in a good ole' fashioned interior snowstorm on the way back, south of the Brooks Range. Crazy stuff. Check out his videos below...I figured some of you guys would find them interesting.

Just poured a Flying Dog Cold Press Coffee Porter. Yum. If you like iced coffee, and you like beer, this is the stuff. Really smooth and creamy too. Happy hour!

Nice! :)

I'm finishing (at least trying to) the winter black porter that I brewed. Now I need to decide what to brew over spring break. I definitely want to do something hoppy and citrusy, but it's still spring so I'm thinking about a black imperial IPA clone.

Archived