joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

NinjaWarrior2

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storm thread is terrible. Too many long winded posts.

It has been a mess at times with bickering but I vehemently disagree with this.  I usually skip right over the posts that are one sentence.  How much real substantive content or knowledge can really be in a one liner?  The posts that Bob, Showmethesnow, Ian, Wes, and others make that are detailed, provide analysis of the current situation, and discuss the possible permutations of what may happen are the ones that add value and they are usually several paragraphs.  It bothers me that some poeple seem too lazy to bother reading a whole freaking paragraph anymore or worse lack the intellectual curiosity to want more then just a quick drive by telling them "its gonna snow" or "next".  Besides if you don't like the substantive posts just don't read them.  Go from 3 word post to 3 word post happy that you didn't have to learn anything or actually think at all.  I don't know for sure what your specific beef was, perhaps there is some long winded rant there right now, so I am not necessarily applying this to you, but there are several people on here that act as if any post longer then 4 sentences is a problem and thats sad to me.     

It has been a mess at times with bickering but I vehemently disagree with this.  I usually skip right over the posts that are one sentence.  How much real substantive content or knowledge can really be in a one liner?  The posts that Bob, Showmethesnow, Ian, Wes, and others make that are detailed, provide analysis of the current situation, and discuss the possible permutations of what may happen are the ones that add value and they are usually several paragraphs.  It bothers me that some poeple seem too lazy to bother reading a whole freaking paragraph anymore or worse lack the intellectual curiosity to want more then just a quick drive by telling them "its gonna snow" or "next".  Besides if you don't like the substantive posts just don't read them.  Go from 3 word post to 3 word post happy that you didn't have to learn anything or actually think at all.  I don't know for sure what your specific beef was, perhaps there is some long winded rant there right now, so I am not necessarily applying this to you, but there are several people on here that act as if any post longer then 4 sentences is a problem and thats sad to me.     

Good post. Can't understand why people get all uptight about comments that go into detail discussing the models in a thread specifically created for that purpose. If all they want to do is banter or just want instant gratification on whether it is going to snow or not go to the banter thread created specifically for that purpose. That way they can grunt back and forth at each with a minimal of effort.

Good post. Can't understand why people get all uptight about comments that go into detail discussing the models in a thread specifically created for that purpose. If all they want to do is banter or just want instant gratification on whether it is going to snow or not go to the banter thread created specifically for that purpose. That way they can grunt back and forth at each with a minimal of effort.

Welcome to America 2016

It has been a mess at times with bickering but I vehemently disagree with this. I usually skip right over the posts that are one sentence. How much real substantive content or knowledge can really be in a one liner? The posts that Bob, Showmethesnow, Ian, Wes, and others make that are detailed, provide analysis of the current situation, and discuss the possible permutations of what may happen are the ones that add value and they are usually several paragraphs. It bothers me that some poeple seem too lazy to bother reading a whole freaking paragraph anymore or worse lack the intellectual curiosity to want more then just a quick drive by telling them "its gonna snow" or "next". Besides if you don't like the substantive posts just don't read them. Go from 3 word post to 3 word post happy that you didn't have to learn anything or actually think at all. I don't know for sure what your specific beef was, perhaps there is some long winded rant there right now, so I am not necessarily applying this to you, but there are several people on here that act as if any post longer then 4 sentences is a problem and thats sad to me.

I was mostly referring to the dumb exchange w tenman yesterday, but this response made me lol.

perhaps then send a couple PMs to some admins/mods instead of cluttering up a storm thread discussion with it?

I messaged one person and I talk to a few others. It's been an issue in the forums for years. There have been some improvements this year over last but it still happens.

I messaged one person and I talk to a few others. It's been an issue in the forums for years. There have been some improvements this year over last but it still happens.

there are tons of issues on this forum, it happens. 

there are tons of issues on this forum, it happens. 

Overall I don't think its that big a deal, and feel like some just need to have thicker skin.  Any online forum you have to deal with that.  Its easy to attack people when they arent in front of you to defend themselves.   I get attacked sometimes and I just fire back and then move on.  I would never leave over it.    I don't mind the bickering actually but I am a debate coach so...that is probably just me.   I appologized to Bob in a PM for mucking up the storm thread yesterday.  I should have just ignored him like I have done for years but he was being especially difficult the last few days and I guess I decided to poke at him a little and that was immature of me. 

Overall I don't think its that big a deal, and feel like some just need to have thicker skin.  Any online forum you have to deal with that.  Its easy to attack people when they arent in front of you to defend themselves.   I get attacked sometimes and I just fire back and then move on.  I would never leave over it.    I don't mind the bickering actually but I am a debate coach so...that is probably just me.   I appologized to Bob in a PM for mucking up the storm thread yesterday.  I should have just ignored him like I have done for years but he was being especially difficult the last few days and I guess I decided to poke at him a little and that was immature of me. 

I agree with you. We are all guilty of it from time to time. I do kind have to shake my head that some expect special treatment over others... meh. whatever. its a free online public forum. 

howard is kind of contrary though, thats for sure. but id put him up there with our snow weenies who only say "NMD CRUSHED" during model runs. skim over it and move on. :)

I agree with you. We are all guilty of it from time to time. I do kind have to shake my head that some expect special treatment over others... meh. whatever. its a free online public forum.

howard is kind of contrary though, thats for sure. but id put him up there with our snow weenies who only say "NMD CRUSHED" during model runs. skim over it and move on. :)

No special treatment is ever wanted or asked for. Just want people to respect each other that's all.

It's called America folks. Sorry I do not agree with the way a few Sallies distribute their weather info so go ahead and pm the admins

They all know me and take action when valid but crying about not getting what you think is your due respect generally is not an in hot water. Over the 10+ years the chirpers come and go but I'm still here-stating things specifically and consistently and the wordy wafflers whine

It's called America folks. Sorry I do not agree with the way a few Sallies distribute their weather info so go ahead and pm the admins

They all know me and take action when valid but crying about not getting what you think is your due respect generally is not an in hot water. Over the 10+ years the chirpers come and go but I'm still here-stating things specifically and consistently and the wordy wafflers whine

sorry can't process this yet I'm still trying to figure out how this low will gain latitude as it moves east from KY and pass through NC without transferring. Man I must have a messed up map.

Archived