joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

NinjaWarrior2

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storm thread, event thread, precipitation disco thread, whatever. I guess I'm in the minority of preferring it to be mostly fact based discussion without emotional and banter posts out numbering them. The majority of people reading our disco threads are either guests or non-posting members looking for good information. I find it embarrassing at times when it looks like we are a bunch of middle schoolers. But that's just me. 

I understand your point of view, but I don't think the whole "let's be optimistic" rationale has any merit.  Let's be truthful.  When models show a weak and weakening event, I don't think it's unreasonable to say it.  It is what it is.

I know that I could probably chose better words when making an observation.  I suppose at this point it's frustration after watching nearly every event where snow was possible dry up like a raisin.  It still doesn't change the fact that unless the models are way off, this is mostly a total non event for most of us.

I understand your point of view, but I don't think the whole "let's be optimistic" rationale has any merit.  Let's be truthful.  When models show a weak and weakening event, I don't think it's unreasonable to say it.  It is what it is.

I know that I could probably chose better words when making an observation.  I suppose at this point it's frustration after watching nearly every event where snow was possible dry up like a raisin.  It still doesn't change the fact that unless the models are way off, this is mostly a total non event for most of us.

Best way to handle that is remember where you are....MA, we do one thing EXTRA, EXTRA well (with the rare exceptions)

warm, wet

cold, dry

those are the first two things you must remember when looking at anything remotely 'iffy' in this sub forums coverage area.

its hard to look at Intellicast and not think this event will be something decent.  I know it won't but that looks great.  I once again learned quite a bit this winter.  a lock can be unlocked...a good pattern doesn't mean a good storm...cold first then precip

its hard to look at Intellicast and not think this event will be something decent. I know it won't but that looks great. I once again learned quite a bit this winter. a lock can be unlocked...a good pattern doesn't mean a good storm...cold first then precip

that's why you don't look at intellicast unless you just want to feel better for a few minutes and pretend.

Best way to handle that is remember where you are....MA, we do one thing EXTRA, EXTRA well (with the rare exceptions)

warm, wet

cold, dry

those are the first two things you must remember when looking at anything remotely 'iffy' in this sub forums coverage area.

Well, to be fair, we don't always get unlucky.  The past two years it seemed as if everything trended our way.  This year outside of our big storm in Jan, it seems everything has trended away from us.

It's all good.  Next week we will all be basking in warmth and this winter will be just a memory.

People are just venting. While it's silly it's also silly to act like we don't understand why. This is probably the last legit threat and while it has looked marginal all week obviously people hoped it trended better. So some are upset this didn't amount to more and others are egging them on by acting as if they knew all along like this had no shot to trend better and they are stupid for thinking it might. Both sides are being childish.

Oh and can we stop telling people what to be happy with? If you are content with 1" great. But if someone else isn't why rub their nose in it? Some want March to be warm others want another threat to chase. It's getting old 10 times a day people feel the need to tell someone else they should be happy with this or that. So what if they aren't? I don't care what anyone else is rooting for.

Well, to be fair, we don't always get unlucky.  The past two years it seemed as if everything trended our way.  This year outside of our big storm in Jan, it seems everything has trended away from us.

It's all good.  Next week we will all be basking in warmth and this winter will be just a memory.

Yep, last two winters were winners all the way. This one hasn't been horrible, I'd venture 95% of the area is above climo on snow, but in mostly one event.  For those that like variety, it has been pretty awesome, big deep snow, record warmth, a few weeks of reasonably cold weather, about the only thing we didn't get was a major ice storm. The sun and warmer days will start winning from here on out and soon people (including me) will be complaining about the heat.

yea it's pretty sad.

I dont disagree -- guess i don't get why now suddenly people care. There have been some awful threads in this subforum the last few weeks that no one seemed to give two shiits about. 

Oh and can we stop telling people what to be happy with? If you are content with 1" great. But if someone else isn't why rub their nose in it? Some want March to be warm others want another threat to chase. It's getting old 10 times a day people feel the need to tell someone else they should be happy with this or that. So what if they aren't? I don't care what anyone else is rooting for.

I am happy I got nearly 6" of snow in February. I am not happy none of it was around 24 hours later.

that bastard. though i think he is out surveying some pipe ;)

It's some small pipe, so he should be back in here real fast.

I just survey pipe thats mine.  Its got decent length and size and keeps plenty happy.  Its reliable too

South VA is one LUCKY, LUCKY bastid tonight with torrential snow, and lots of it. The deform will set up down there and persist for hours and hours and hours and hours. Friday morning rush hour there will be a total catastrophe with warning level snows.

Haven't done a thing all morning. I really haven't done anything all week. I've let the whole thread be a disaster like the Ravens were this year

Lulz it was worse and that's saying something after how bad the Ravens were. Think on the bright side, you are paying Kirk Cousins 20 mil this year. Good luck with that.

I heard it breaks all the time. I heard the water pipe never lasts more than 6 seconds before erupting. Must be rough showering.

Failure rate is very low.  Its pre-stressed pipe.  Much more durable in any soil conditions.  Does very well in wet soil.

Lulz it was worse and that's saying something after how bad the Ravens were. Think on the bright side, you are paying Kirk Cousins 20 mil this year. Good luck with that.

Better a young QB with two good knees than yours who just signed for 22 mil and has two bad ones.  Better get Ray Rice back to help with a running game

Archived