• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

NinjaWarrior2

It's called America folks. Sorry I do not agree with the way a few Sallies distribute their weather info so go ahead and pm the admins

They all know me and take action when valid but crying about not getting what you think is your due respect generally is not an in hot water. Over the 10+ years the chirpers come and go but I'm still here-stating things specifically and consistently and the wordy wafflers whine

ok weather53

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was this guy few years back who just railed at Zwyts and me about he being a degreed met and us not and on and on. So, we asked him to participate in a forecast contest from 8/15 to 8/30. We both obliterated him and he went away but may be back with a different screen name. There have been some others snd that's usually how it turns out

There was this guy few years back who just railed at Zwyts and me about he being a degreed met and us not and on and on. So, we asked him to participate in a forecast contest from 8/15 to 8/30. We both obliterated him and he went away but may be back with a different screen name. There have been some others snd that's usually how it turns out

You should make a barometer prediction for Friday

ok weather53

When I came back after being away for about a year the admin that helped me register I told I wanted to come in with a fresh start and not some of the baggage of 53 so took a different name. It went really nice for about 6 months but styles of communication are recognizable and some started to question and then when I did not have great things to say about the current president in the last election a power that be decided to publish the full details

People are unnecessarily hostile to eachother here. Feeds off itself. Tenman has plenty to offer he just went into always defensive mode at some pt. Probably not fully undeserved but still. It's just weather we'd all be better off if we left the other baggage at the door. We should all be buds.

When I came back after being away for about a year the admin that helped me register I told I wanted to come in with a fresh start and not some of the baggage of 53 so took a different name. It went really nice for about 6 months but styles of communication are recognizable and some started to question and then when I did not have great things to say about the current president in the last election a power that be decided to publish the full details

oh I would love to debate politics with you. I am not a huge Obama fan but I doubt for the reasons you do. He is too moderate for me. He wastes his time trying to appease conservatives too much. I am a proud liberal and don't apologize for it.

oh I would love to debate politics with you. I am not a huge Obama fan but I doubt for the reasons you do. He is too moderate for me. He wastes his time trying to appease conservatives too much. I am a proud liberal and don't apologize for it.

Don't go there. Last thing we need is the threads overrun with debates about politics while we are tracking a monster east coast snowstorm. ;)

People are unnecessarily hostile to eachother here. Feeds off itself. Tenman has plenty to offer he just went into always defensive mode at some pt. Probably not fully undeserved but still. It's just weather we'd all be better off if we left the other baggage at the door. We should all be buds.

I don't like it but I ignored his agenda rants on nws and model guidance because that is his opinion and he is entitled to it. But the last few days he started posting these blatently innaccurate comments then when myself and others took the time to politely at first correct him he went nasty with a dismissive and arrogant attitude. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions not their own facts. I stepped in when he posted 3 times in a row that this isn't a transfer situation and the low would track from Kentucky moving northeast then through north Carrolina without jumping. Despite the physical impossibility of that and myself politely pointing it out he responded by saying my explanation was too wordy then went on posting that same nonsense about 10 more times since. I think he just posted it again a few minutes ago even. That's the crap I take issue with. He can rant about models and government conspiracy all day I don't care but he is posting utter meteorological nonsense now and there may be some here that don't know better and don't realize it's total falasy. It's not fair to just ignore that and someone new to the board might see it and think it's factual.

Don't go there. Last thing we need is the threads overrun with debates about politics while we are tracking a monster east coast snowstorm. ;)

I wanted to take it to politics but seems that's not an option so I will let it go. I realize I am left of most in this country especially when I hear them make fun of places I have actually been and wish we were more like in many ways. On the other hand it's just philosophy. There is no right or wrong and I don't hate anyone for having different opinions then mine on politics, even if I do wish we were more collective and less individualistic in our views. Americans on both sides are not that far apart on most substantive governing things like tax policy or education and transportation. We could compromise and govern if we stopped fighting and getting really nasty towards each other about things we will never agree on like guns Religion and gay marriage

psu, you are doing more to keep this going than anyone else.  You might want to consider just dropping it.

This place is like the twilight zone.

And I agree with the above posters.  We do not want politics brought into this subforum, and I would go so far as to ask anyone who can moderate posts, please delete any and all posts that even hint at politics.

not permitted? Oh drat now I want to debate you even more.

That one goes something like this

At one of the last conventions a bunch of pictures were posted, some of them portrait like shots. People commented on some in a not so kind way. An admin posted that negative comments were not permitted unless your picture also was posted. I said I thought that was an odd proposition even though I had not made any remarks myself. There was a guy, fozzy I think, who laid into me. He had one of the portrait like shots and to me his ears stuck out and eyes bulged and it reminded me of a marmoset so I called him marmoset

I got banned for making what was labled a racially offensive remark because the fellow was darker completed but not African American. That's kinda how it always rolled in that section which stemmed from if you were liberal you could put anything out there but if conservative your life span would be short

psu, you are doing more to keep this going than anyone else. You might want to consider just dropping it.

And I agree with the above posters. We do not want politics brought into this subforum, and I would go so far as to ask anyone who can moderate posts, please delete any and all posts that even hint at politics.

+1000

psu, you are doing more to keep this going than anyone else.  You might want to consider just dropping it.

And I agree with the above posters.  We do not want politics brought into this subforum, and I would go so far as to ask anyone who can moderate posts, please delete any and all posts that even hint at politics.

Were in banter not the storm thread, did I miss something???  The last 10 days or so, ever since the end of winter started to stare us in the face, the mood in here has become downright eerie and edgy.  People demanding we stop talking about this or that, attacking people for no reason, telling others what to root for, some getting angry that some are still following snow threats...fights every day.    Now we are going to restrict banter too?  Pretty soon there won't be anything going on in here if this keeps up, there won't be anything left to talk about.   I almost feel like some are just in a bad mood and trying to suck any life left out of this place.  It feels overly restrictive lately thats for sure.  NOT by mods but by others who think they need to decide what everyone should be talking about.  My ONLY problem has been when innacurate and non factual statements are made and not allowed to be argued with.  Other then that It weirds me out that so many on here are freaking out about what anyone else is talking about.  With that said, if my posts are bothering everyone that much I have no desire to annoy everyone on here.  It is OUR forum, so I will give myself a time out.  Not leaving just taking a break other then pure 100 percent weather analysis for the next few days.  I do wish everyone would take a breath and chill out and just let things go though so this place can get back to the entertaining and fun forum that it usually is.  I like the banter and discourse other then just the pure weather stuff. 

Were in banter not the storm thread, did I miss something???  The last 10 days or so, ever since the end of winter started to stare us in the face, the mood in here has become downright eerie and edgy.  People demanding we stop talking about this or that, attacking people for no reason, telling others what to root for, some getting angry that some are still following snow threats...fights every day.    Now we are going to restrict banter too?  Pretty soon there won't be anything going on in here if this keeps up, there won't be anything left to talk about.   I almost feel like some are just in a bad mood and trying to suck any life left out of this place.  It feels overly restrictive lately thats for sure.  NOT by mods but by others who think they need to decide what everyone should be talking about.  My ONLY problem has been when innacurate and non factual statements are made and not allowed to be argued with.  Other then that It weirds me out that so many on here are freaking out about what anyone else is talking about.  With that said, if my posts are bothering everyone that much I have no desire to annoy everyone on here.  It is OUR forum, so I will give myself a time out.  Not leaving just taking a break other then pure 100 percent weather analysis for the next few days.  I do wish everyone would take a breath and chill out and just let things go though so this place can get back to the entertaining and fun forum that it usually is.  I like the banter and discourse other then just the pure weather stuff. 

I've been over the edge myself a few times.  I just thought I'd point out that you're a pretty valuable member around here.

I've been over the edge myself a few times. I just thought I'd point out that you're a pretty valuable member around here.

thank you and my post was just in general. This place has become too edgy lately. Everyone's got their hand on the trigger for some reason. And I agree with you that in the current climate my off topic edgy posts are not helpful so I'm done but I hope eventually things relax so every other post is not taken as shots fired in some war.

I would like to have everyone over for a cookout and a fun evening out. I'm pretty fun dude but can get serious about weather and it can come off the wrong way on the forums. My apologies for offending anyone. At times though there are comments that come off as rude, abrasive and overly confrontational. Sometimes it feels like it is done on purpose to get a rise out of people. That stuff does tick me off. I'm here to have fun and learn from you guys as well as share info that might give some a new perspective on how to look at weather information.

I would like to have everyone over for a cookout and a fun evening out. I'm pretty fun dude but can get serious about weather and it can come off the wrong way on the forums. My apologies for offending anyone. At times though there are comments that come off as rude, abrasive and overly confrontational. Sometimes it feels like it is done on purpose to get a rise out of people. That stuff does tick me off. I'm here to have fun and learn from you guys as well as share info that might give some a new perspective on how to look at weather information.

some burgers and a case of beer can fix all this.

I want to do a get together sometime or make it to the next conference. would be nice to finally meet some of the people I spend so much time talking too.

Invite us all up to your place atop Mount Manchester. We can all bring craft beer from our local area. 

In other news, DT is aleeting all over himself.

Archived