• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

NinjaWarrior2

DC went about it in a strange way. Legal to use but not legal to sell. Pretty dumb from a governing/regulatory POV. Taxation should have been the crux. If you are going to legalize use it makes no sense not to attempt to shut down illicit distribution.

I was young once but have no interest in it personally now. But I do care deeply about my kids. Getting in trouble for smoking pot and affecting their future seems pretty asinine considering what goes on nowadays.

The whole process has been kind of stupid across the country really. It's perfectly legal in some places, a few of which you can buy it. However, if you smoke it in KS you might get your family taken from you. If you're a poor minority don't even think about it because you could do life at some point for it. But yes the DC way is a bit weird. It basically legalized the black market. I mean, there are people growing it all over the place, but it's still very much under the table.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Maryland and dc will allow you to grow small amounts within 5 years

In DC you can have 6 flowering plants I think. 12 in total? I haven't read it in a while. Technically it's supposed to be indoors which makes it pretty hard for most normal people to do.. but I know the guy who got it all going was growing outdoors because he was featured in photos with his outdoor plants in the news heh. You just can't buy/sell/use in public. There's a carry max too but something almost no one would ever reach.

It's on its way to being legalized across the world it seems. Well, except in authoritarian states like the one we might enter in 10 months if el trumpo has his way. :P

In DC you can have 6 flowering plants I think. 12 in total? I haven't read it in a while. Technically it's supposed to be indoors which makes it pretty hard for most normal people to do.. but I know the guy who got it all going was growing outdoors because he was featured in photos with his outdoor plants in the news heh. You just can't buy/sell/use in public. There's a carry max too but something almost no one would ever reach.

It's on its way to being legalized across the world it seems. Well, except in authoritarian states like the one we might enter in 10 months if el trumpo has his way. :P

El trumpo will NOT get his way.

Hillary will rip him to pieces and she will be President.

I just realized...i should probably trim my toenails before summer hits next week....now where are my Jesus sandles....hmmmm....

i still have nail polish on my toes from Xmas.  Lazy kids need to do a touch up on where it has chipped off

Storm thread sucks. The event is on track to do pretty much exactly what was expected 2-3 days ago but it's a whine and cheese posting party

Yes, it's turned into a hand-wringing fest, unfortunately.  I agree, this event has been on track for on the order of 1-3", save a couple of tease runs that looked like it could be bigger.  Sure, I got kind of sucked in by those, but I'm not "upset" at a couple of inches of snow...in early March.  I think it's a lot of disappointment and frustration coming out because for the most part, the latter part of winter (February) was a dud, despite some potential good looks in there.

It would be nice to enjoy some wine (not whine!) and cheese with the snow overnight!

Storm thread sucks. The event is on track to do pretty much exactly what was expected 2-3 days ago but it's a whine and cheese posting party

Its terrible. Seems to be like this every March. I don't know what people were expecting. I think it will be a nice little event (probably the last of the winter) and I'm looking forward to it! Guess its not good enough for some people...

I'm keeping it to myself because no one needs to hear it, I don't even like it in my own head, but I understand the sentiment. My bar for a "worth my time" event is higher in March. We aren't going to keep snow. The novelty of it has worn off by now. So I'm kinda in dynamic storm chase mode. Doesn't have to be 20". A quick 4" wet snow paste bomb can be awesome. But 1-2" from 12 hours of light snow overnight that's gone by 10am? Ehh. I don't blame people for thinking "lame".

I'm keeping it to myself because no one needs to hear it, I don't even like it in my own head, but I understand the sentiment. My bar for a "worth my time" event is higher in March. We aren't going to keep snow. The novelty of it has worn off by now. So I'm kinda in dynamic storm chase mode. Doesn't have to be 20". A quick 4" wet snow paste bomb can be awesome. But 1-2" from 12 hours of light snow overnight that's gone by 10am? Ehh. I don't blame people for thinking "lame".

Nobody wants to hear the reality that a weak event is still trending worse on the models.

It is true that there's not much difference between 1" of snow and 2"  of snow, but mentioning the fact that it is getting worse looking by the minute isn't something that should send people over the edge.  Obviously it has, so one has to question just how close to the edge are they on a normal basis.

The name "storm thread" is a joke itself.  I don't know why anybody would take any of this seriously at this point anyway.

Storm thread, event thread, precipitation disco thread, whatever. I guess I'm in the minority of preferring it to be mostly fact based discussion without emotional and banter posts out numbering them. The majority of people reading our disco threads are either guests or non-posting members looking for good information. I find it embarrassing at times when it looks like we are a bunch of middle schoolers. But that's just me. 

Archived