• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
President's Day Storm Obs & Nowcasting

nj2va

Yeah, 0.25" to 0.33" or so after 22z. HRRR really has the radar blossoming south of us and coming up mid-afternoon to evening and we are still stuck below freezing. Now again, it isn't like we are mid-20s where the ice can really pile up and cause problems, but it is interesting.

HRRR running warm on temps? Had BWI at 26 for 10am. It's still 22.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, 0.25" to 0.33" or so after 22z.  HRRR really has the radar blossoming south of us and coming up mid-afternoon to evening and we are still stuck below freezing.  Now again, it isn't like we are mid-20s where the ice can really pile up and cause problems, but it is interesting.

12z RGEM has the same idea I believe

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
1041 AM EST MON FEB 15 2016

DEZ003-004-MDZ019-020-160000-
/O.UPG.KPHI.WW.Y.0007.000000T0000Z-160215T2100Z/
/O.NEW.KPHI.WS.W.0003.160215T1541Z-160216T0000Z/
INLAND SUSSEX-DELAWARE BEACHES-TALBOT-CAROLINE-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...GEORGETOWN...REHOBOTH BEACH...EASTON...
DENTON
1041 AM EST MON FEB 15 2016

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WINTER
STORM WARNING FOR SNOW AND ICE...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM
EST THIS EVENING. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN
EFFECT.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW AND FREEZING RAIN.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...4 TO 6 INCHES.

* ICE ACCUMULATIONS...A TRACE IN SOUTHERN DELAWARE AND SEVERAL
HUNDREDTHS OF AN INCH IN EASTERN MARYLAND.

Getting into some decent returns here.  I'll just call it snow with about an inch on the ground.

same here at work, nice steady snow falling now. thinking my time of departure is in the next hour. do not feel like being stuck at work haha

General forecasts have really busted gor the northern (bust so far) and southern crews (boom). Seem ok in the cities for now though I'm interested to see how the ice part turns out given how temps seem to be holding.[/quot

Firmly believe fresh snow and light winds are helping us. Would love some ice before the tropical rains

General forecasts have really busted gor the northern (bust so far) and southern crews (boom). Seem ok in the cities for now though I'm interested to see how the ice part turns out given how temps seem to be holding.

Yeah def more than expected south. Tho im pretty IMBY with snow so admittedly wasn't looking south much. Did overlook early potential to some degree. Need to get better at spinning.

Current "wave 2" seems to be separating itself from wave 3 to the SW. Suspect an hour or 2 of snow left DC and south, then lull as we wait for the freezing rain with the wave to the sw over ROA region. This may be "IT" for accumulating snow through 1pm locally in DC and south.

Archived