Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
President's Day Storm Obs & Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be a good storm to assess forecaster honesty since most of the snowiest calls were more related to the main event initially. Pretty sure Bastardi was hugging the offshore low/FIM crap.

he has been comical on this event. Even worse then usual with two games he plays. Stubbornly not adjusting but at the same time subtly changing but trying to claim he didn't change anything. Quick summary. A week ago 10" dc to Boston. 5 days ago "I have no changes 6" will run up 95." 3 days ago. "I have no changes 3-6" up 95". Yesterday. "I still have no changes. The 2" line runs up 95". Places like state college could get 6"(while his map says 10+)". Today he finally stubbornly admitted places he had getting 10+ snow won't but said they get ice and tried to spin that into a win somehow. The last few days he's been yapping about the coastal front creating a reverse eddy to hold the cold in. It's actually something that does happen and it did here enough that things are trending better for northwest pa but acting like a meso scale thing like that will adjust the storm 200 miles is comical. Plus that idea only is valid if this was one storm along that front but it's two waves and the second rides the trough to our west so it's irrelavant. He is pretty bad a lot but he went full tilt this week. Been entertaining in a train wreck kind of way.

Euro lost that nice frontal band precip this afternoon. Looks pretty weak from here on for any heavier organized precip until well after things warm. About an inch from sporadic stuff up here. We hold temps a few hours longer but I don't think any real precip makes up until well after it won't matter. I was prepared for the fail though. Glad places south got a nice event.

Archived