joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
President's Day Storm Obs & Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DCA should have about 3". I'm surprised Ian has only 2.25"... seems most people around him have more.

It was a finger measurement. I'm going to go back out with a ruler now since it seems low. I don't measure in grass like a lot of people but if Matt has 2.9" I prob have more than 2.25".

Yeah, 0.25" to 0.33" or so after 22z.  HRRR really has the radar blossoming south of us and coming up mid-afternoon to evening and we are still stuck below freezing.  Now again, it isn't like we are mid-20s where the ice can really pile up and cause problems, but it is interesting.

yes...we're probably going to be in some sort of quasi-lull in an hour or 2 before the next stuff comes in.  I am assuming it won't be snow....

Darn shame there isn't a solid wall of light precip, that break over the mountains in West Virginia should allow temps to pop close to freezing quick.  HRRR shows a decent threat, but we don't do ice real well here, usually hit 0.1" on bird baths and nothing on the roads or power lines.  

Guess LWX better cancel the WSW/WWA's then

yes...we're probably going to be in some sort of quasi-lull in an hour or 2 before the next stuff comes in. I am assuming it won't be snow....

Yeah, that makes sense to me. The question is to shovel or not. If you shovel, you'll get ice buildup on the clean surfaces. If you wait, you'll be shoveling later in the rain. You could gamble and wait until the morning, but again rain might be an issue and at that point it won't have all washed away.

Yeah, that makes sense to me. The question is to shovel or not. If you shovel, you'll get ice buildup on the clean surfaces. If you wait, you'll be shoveling later in the rain. You could gamble and wait until the morning, but again rain might be an issue and at that point it won't have all washed away.

I had same debate and went ahead and cleared. Hoping ice build up will be limited, but will probably be worse in years knowing my luck. LOL! 

Archived