• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15th-17th. Just believe it or leave it.

peteradiator

We were too far northwest for all of the coastals and now we may be too far east as the bulk of Upstate NY gets clocked. I'm at the point where a sandwich event snow ->  sleet/ice -> snow would be ok. I'll take it.  LOL  Euro of course is a washout even here.

There he is!

I've been sensing a Rick cameo of late...figured this system would lure you lol

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah ..well I am over at the hate board mostly.  LOL  This system tempted me out, but I'm hanging by a thread here. I'd rather have the Euro and Ukmet on my team than the GFS/GEM. Hope for the best.

Pretty good assessment.

Just joking ... Pete's board :  New England Weather

I doubt much has changed there.

Surprised there wasn't a word recognition feature on this board that automatically banned you for posting that

lol!!!

Definitely no trend on the Euro.

Steady is more of a trend than a run-to-run shift.

Yeah ..well I am over at the hate board mostly.  LOL  This system tempted me out, but I'm hanging by a thread here. I'd rather have the Euro and Ukmet on my team than the GFS/GEM. Hope for the best.

Welcome back, Rick--long time!

I'm going to enjoy the cool temps the next couple of days--it's the only winter we've got.

Some physics tell me that freezing rain on sidewalks,roads,decks,driveways will be an issue. Can't freeze those objects to -12 and stay below freezing for 72 hrs then magically warm them up when precipitation starts. Beginning of this storm could be a real mess.

Yup, one Sunday last winter proved that, I I forget which month maybe January? All the talk was no freezing rain because of ambient temp and I remember waking up to see I95 in Greenwich was shut down and wrecks everywhere, the rain was no match for ground temp, atleast for a  few hours.

Yup, one Sunday last winter proved that, I I forget which month maybe January? All the talk was no freezing rain because of ambient temp and I remember waking up to see I95 in Greenwich was shut down and wrecks everywhere, the rain was no match for ground temp, atleast for a  few hours.

We actually though freezing drizzle was a possibility that morning the issue was whether or not we'd actually get measurable precipitation - temperatures were sub-freezing and forecast to be so as well.

I believe (though don't know for sure) that was one of the reasons the DOT found a new weather provider (that wasn't the lowest bid). 

Archived