• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 15th-17th. Just believe it or leave it.

peteradiator

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a narrow strip of snow on the NW side. Hoping you guys can get a net gain for the school vacation weeks ahead.

The mountains have a chance at that but certainly here in the Valley that won't be the case. I do hope you are right though. I am about ready to turn in my ski lease LOL.

Best thing is to hope for a couple of inches as WAA starts. But, I don't see how this goes over CC. Even if it goes over CT, that is a lot of rain right along the track, because of strong frontogenesis/convergence of air. I still think PF needs to keep an eye on it. He's in the best spot...maybe Logan11 too. Although, if the euro is right, ugly for both.

He might not get much above freezing there. That area loves to hold the cold. You can already envision his posts  "30.7" Just waiting for the inevitable creep to 40" Surprised at how it stayed so cold here""

LOL--this is not a situation for CAD with no good high to lock in the cold. 

I did post yesterday morning that the ZR issue was not getting a lot of attention but that I anticipated the antecedent temps of the preceding days may make for a longer duration situation than what normally might happen.  That's an issue of surface (of objects and ground, not 2-meter surface) temps not  cold air being locked in.

Pittsburg NH  http://www.johnsnhweather.com/

He forecast for the micro climate in the burg.

Known as God to snowmobilers  

10" of snow depth up there in mid-February at 2,000ft along the Canadian border.

Wonder what his all time low or low max depth is?  Some winters he's got like a 4-5 foot pack right now.

NWS Maine discussion

THE MOUNTAINS WHICH WILL HANG ONTO SNOW LONGER. LOOKING AT THE
QPF... THIS COULD BE A SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL EVENT... ESPECIALLY
NORTH OF A LINE FROM LEBANON NH TO THE LAKES REGION OF MAINE.

THIS WOULD ALSO DEPEND ON THE FLUFF FACTOR AND AT THIS POINT IT
LOOKS LIKE THIS WILL BE A MORE NORMAL OR WETTER SNOW THAN WE HAVE
BEEN HAVING RECENTLY...INDICATING SNOW RATIOS BETWEEN 1:10 AND
1:13.

Archived