• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15th-17th. Just believe it or leave it.

peteradiator

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hard to tell if the differences are in the assimilation techniques out over the Pac ...or native model biases...  

The euro's bias tend to clean up inside of D4 tho.  interesting.  

If you are one privately coveting a more east solution as though that somehow appeases/bargains away the reality of all this ... in either event, i don't think it means any difference to the plight of an obnoxious series of events ..

Turning over the season's finest in cold into the season's finest in irate solutions - it really could not have been designed any better if were caused by an agenda. haha...   you really just got to laugh and engage in other hobbies. 

For the southwest corner of New England drfinately not a ratter. Sitting within 5 inches of the seasonal average of 30. I agree with NNE and CNE being a ratter.

Not to derail the thread any more than I did - sorry - but , yeah... This way why one single event can make or break a winter's rep -

I'd say N of the Mass Pike on up is in rape counseling - 

Not to derail the thread any more than I did - sorry - but , yeah... This way why one single event can make or break a winter's rep -

I'd say N of the Mass Pike on up is in rape counseling -

I'd say if you average like 30-60" that's true about how a single event can make or break a winter. Once north of 80" for an annual average, the 14-24" storm helps a lot but may not change much if that's really all you have.

I don't think I should give up totally here though. A 50 mile correction east would at least get me back into some healthy front end. Same for PF in Stowe. Certainly looks like it's a done deal anywhere ALB south/east.

Finally maybe a good dump into the Dacks so I can at least travel an hour for some snow shoeing.

I'd say if you average like 30-60" that's true about how a single event can make or break a winter. Once north of 80" for an annual average, the 14-24" storm helps a lot but may not change much if that's really all you have.

Yeeeeah, .... not to beat a hypothetical to death, but ... You usually don't get one 14-24" then go back to relentless cosmic dildo action ...  you'll get a couple, book ended by designer coffee.  

Although, 1994-1995 ...tho no analogy, there really was a single storm that whole year if memory serves.  

what the hell does grass have to do with your post. So you haven't had two hours of snow all year, cool. How's it feel to see someone respond to every post you make? I know. I am rooting for your Debbie butt to get smoked.

Deep breaths, everyone.

I think Jeff got something like a 5" in 2 hr dump in the Jan storm, which has been his only +SN all winter, and PF was merely saying that his BY has not seen even that so far.

Deep breaths, everyone.

I think Jeff got something like a 5" in 2 hr dump in the Jan storm, which has been his only +SN all winter, and PF was merely saying that his BY has not seen even that so far.

Haha I knew what event Jeff was talking about and it was a reference to two straight hours of like +SN. I've yet to see a steady 1" per hour snow, or heck even 4 inches of snow in one sitting. Did see that event in late December that brought like 3" of snow followed by 2-3" of IP, though. That's our biggest event so far.

That was my first big storm to follow with decent graphical data from the net. A one storm winter with that 15" storm in February. We were a bunch of 20something wx geeks using ftp clients to get maps. Now I guess this makes us venerable to the Millennial types here.  LOL

Yeeeeah, .... not to beat a hypothetical to death, but ... You usually don't get one 14-24" then go back to relentless cosmic dildo action ...  you'll get a couple, book ended by designer coffee.  

Although, 1994-1995 ...tho no analogy, there really was a single storm that whole year if memory serves.  

Haha I knew what event Jeff was talking about and it was a reference to two straight hours of like +SN. I've yet to see a steady 1" per hour snow, or heck even 4 inches of snow in one sitting. Did see that event in late December that brought like 3" of snow followed by 2-3" of IP, though. That's our biggest event so far.

I didn't even realize it was that bad there Scott, Now i feel like i have had an epic winter...........lol

I didn't even realize it was that bad there Scott, Now i feel like i have had an epic winter...........lol

One advisory event (the snow/sleet "storm") and then a whole lot of 1-3 inch per 12 hour blocks type stuff. I know JSpin has done a decent bit better, he's had at least one or two board clearings of 4" or more I think. But he's over a foot ahead of me, too.

Still seems like the Euro is extremely amped and far northwest..but who am I to go against that model. Wouldn't be shocked if it actually ended up over the Berks or southern VT, etc. If we had better phasing I'd be more believing, but we still have some competition with the trailing s/w, etc.

LOL When we have a coastal low I absolutely can never buy that kind of amplification.

But maybe not as bad as back home in Delmar where they probably stand at around 7.5" for the season. I plowed once for that sleet crap Xmas week. 1" of snow and 3" of sleet from that so it had to be plowed.

One advisory event (the snow/sleet "storm") and then a whole lot of 1-3 inch per 12 hour blocks type stuff. I know JSpin has done a decent bit better, he's had at least one or two board clearings of 4" or more I think. But he's over a foot ahead of me, too.

LOL When we have a coastal low I absolutely can never buy that kind of amplification.

Haha I was thinking that if a lot of the coastals the past few years tracked like that (due north) up the coast it would've been a much different outcome for us.

Of course the coastal lows exit ENE, but the cutters go full negative slingshot due north into Quebec.

This isn't even a typical cutter for this winter because this one is southern stream.  But hey even this one will cut just enough I guess....  This winter goes in the annals with 79-80, 88-89, and 94-95, barring a March miracle. As Tip noted 94-95 did have one good storm.

Haha I was thinking that if a lot of the coastals the past few years tracked like that (due north) up the coast it would've been a much different outcome for us.

Of course the coastal lows exit ENE, but the cutters go full negative slingshot due north into Quebec.

This isn't even a typical cutter for this winter because this one is southern stream.  But hey even this one will cut just enough I guess....  This winter goes in the annals with 79-80, 88-89, and 94-95, barring a March miracle. As Tip noted 94-95 did have one good storm.

March miracles have been tough to come by for you, eduggs and the WNE peeps. Maybe you or MPM can remind me of the last big interior March snow. I think it's been 4 or 5 years.

Archived