• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15th-17th. Just believe it or leave it.

peteradiator

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the thing to watch on the next few model suites is to see the models start to hang on to the colder air as we get closer in as that will make a difference on some front end snow for a few up here

why I said watch the mesos, especially the RGEM for low levels. An east slope guy like Hippy knows exactly what I mean

You know we are entering the grasping at straws phase if we are analyzing the NAM.  LOL   ...That blind squirrel probably found it's only nut of the year with the Mid Atlantic blizzard.

lol, The others models have the front end snow as well, They also have the +RN to go with it too

No. East based +NAO. Plus models are underestimating the strength of the shortwave/ridging/SSTs/HP/50-50/cold/arctic oscillation.

The NAO is currently Negative on both the Euro and the GFS so I dont know what anyone is expecting to change the next couple days as both are now trending positive or continue to stay slightly Negative unless I misinterpreted the post........

eps_nao_12.png

GFS NAO

gfs_nao_bias.png

The NAO is currently Negative on both the Euro and the GFS so I dont know what anyone is expecting to change the next couple days as both are now trending positive or continue to stay slightly Negative unless I misinterpreted the post........

It's a negative east based +NAO. I can keep going all night. I also do birthday parties.

I see no reason why we shouldn't just ignore the GFS right now.

Even with a cutter there are many possible outcomes in terms of temps and rain amounts but, the way this winter has gone, I'm sure it will find a way to drive max QPF right up into ski country. If we can't have a good front end thump I am pulling for this to go over W NY and push a dry slot into NNE.

this

Archived