• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15th-17th. Just believe it or leave it.

peteradiator

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point who cares about MBY.  Looks like I can drive an hour northwest and into some serious accumulation around Canada Lake, 90 minutes to Piseco...  I'll just go there and finally do some snow shoeing.

That run is fascinating from the razor thin line of big snow vs. more "meh".

This would be enough to send Eyewall off the Champlain Bridge between NY and VT... if BTV is heavy rain and PBG on the NY shore of the Lake is isothermal snow bomb.

Such a tight gradient...here's 925mb temps at the peak of the warmth...that NE flow upsloping into the northeast Adirondack foothills causing dynamic cooling isothermal snow bomb.

We are gonna start out pretty cold with really low DP's. Wonder if it is too torched at low levels providing we stay west of the surface low track, Maybe more ice than the GFS thinks.  Guess we can't do much about higher up. In that late December event it was also really torched aloft. I got 3" of sleet.  To me that has El Nino written all over it.

Yeah we finally get a low to track far enough west where we're in the game and of course there's nothing to keep the cold air in place.

Also very little in the way of LES.  Not that we get tons, but I usually figure that's good for maybe 18" of my seasonal total in 1-3 inch doses. Just a lousy desert.  LOL

You know there haven't been too many marginal events when your within 2.0" of ALBs seasonal total.  Anyways, 18z GEFS are definitely more amped than 12z.

How can a model get schooled 60 hrs before a storm occurs? Some at risk for 2 feet.

Well technically whatever happens...the GFS has been had...because it already caved. It's like the concept of a meteorologist holding out on a forecast for 12" of snow and then caving and changing it to 3"....then if 12" happens, he goes "just kidding!!! I nailed it!!"

Well technically whatever happens...the GFS has been had...because it already caved. It's like the concept of a meteorologist holding out on a forecast for 12" of snow and then caving and changing it to 3"....then if 12" happens, he goes "just kidding!!! I nailed it!!"

I thought the same thing. If it was schooling the Euro, it just fell on its face 10 feet from the finish line.

Archived