• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15th-17th. Just believe it or leave it.

peteradiator

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably not completely. But I'm expecting at least grass showing in the south facing areas where the snow has been sublimated/melted by the February sun angle.

This might hurt..Especially my area which furnaces on SSE winds..

But at least we can take some trees down/power issues and take some solace

Ryan Hanrahan ‏@ryanhanrahan  31m

Still a threat for damaging wind on Tuesday with storm cutting to our west. Rapid intensification supports strong isallobaric component.

That solution sort of makes sense to me. If there is any semblance of a weak wave and that passes by, there will be NE drainage. Torch inevitable, but might make for a nasty Tuesday morning commute, inland.

Yeah and that would be just the model to pick up on those little details. It makes sense to me too that there might be some drainage from Maine into Mass following that first little wave.

The warmth seems to flood in faster than progged

Just anecdotal.

I find the exact opposite seems to happen in N ORH county. Models often try and warm up the sfc faster than what actually occurs. The mid-levels are freuqnetly a different story.

This one will be an easy test because all model guidance (save for that one 4km run) has all of ORH county above 40F by 12z Tuesday morning. So we'll have to see this time if that is accurate.

I find the exact opposite seems to happen in N ORH county. Models often try and warm up the sfc faster than what actually occurs. The mid-levels are freuqnetly a different story.

This one will be an easy test because all model guidance (save for that one 4km run) has all of ORH county above 40F by 12z Tuesday morning. So we'll have to see this time if that is accurate.

Ha - yeah no sh -

talk to us when in early April we're waiting on a warm boundary to get N of the Pike for any reason at all!

I'm talking winter events

In April when you want the warmth it never shows

I understood where you were coming from...

But warmth tends to retard at our location at all times, winter and summer, for a number of reasons topographical and circumstantial with regard to the ocean and so forth - neither of which the models resolve very well as they interfere at very low levels.   

That said, this is a unique situation - however.  As we discussed earlier, an analog is late January 1994, with 50 F 12 hour turn around because of quintessentially perfect synoptics to do so.

Archived