• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Feb 15th-17th. Just believe it or leave it.

peteradiator

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, I would not worry to much at what the GGEM shows, Come verification time it won't be around

That's true but you know what I mean...if it stays more of an overrunning frontal wave, the snow zone will be real small. If it can mature to a nice cyclone with developed WCB and CCB, it will pump more moisture into the cold side of the storm.

That's true but you know what I mean...if it stays more of an overrunning frontal wave, the snow zone will be real small. If it can mature to a nice cyclone with developed WCB and CCB, it will pump more moisture into the cold side of the storm.

That comes with some good and bad as well as a stronger low would favor a more westward track, Whatever the outcome ends up being, Its still going to involve some rain for many and all rain for some others

John, really interesting post....so this may be unusual in the sense that in order to get the low east, we may want to hope a STRONGER sw emerg onto the western shores, because the associated higher jet velocities would ultimately help shunt this east.

Awesome post....never would have thought of that.

The seasonal trend may work in our favor for once.

Particular to this synoptic period of time, right - 

Keep in mind, that all pertains to "needle thread" necessities ... though there are also other ways to thread needles, in this scenario, the outline stands.  

If there were more lower tropospheric blocking to the N ... that would change the landscape of requirements, too.  Obviously you'd have more bandwidth of tracks to play around with.  

Having said that, there is in fact a subtle more lower tropospheric blocking to our N on this 12z GFS run.  Compare the 00z low level barometric pressure layout to the 12z version,  between 84 and 72 hours respectively ...there is a subtle yet coherent delay on the 12z with retreating polar high, but an important one nonetheless.   That would mean "that" much boundary layer inhibition over land, which feeds (also) back on forcing more seaward adjustments for those arguments too.  

Particular to this synoptic period of time, right - 

Keep in mind, that all pertains to "needle thread" necessities ... though there are also other ways to thread needles, in this scenario, the outline stands.  

If there were more lower tropospheric blocking to the N ... that would change the landscape of requirements, too.  Obviously you'd have more bandwidth of tracks to play around with.  

Having said that, there is in fact a subtle more lower tropospheric blocking to our N on this 12z GFS run.  Compare the 00z low level barometric pressure layout to the 12z version,  between 84 and 72 hours respectively ...there is a subtle yet coherent delay on the 12z with retreating polar high, but an important one nonetheless.   That would mean "that" much boundary layer inhibition over land, which feeds (also) back on forcing more seaward adjustments for those arguments too.  

Yes, I'm not sure if this still holds valid, but I do know that as of yesterday, there was a trend to "arch" that +pp pattern back to the west and south west to the north of Maine.

Interesting.

There are a few reasons for this track. One being a nice lobe to our northeast. Not just the flow out in srn Canada. Jbenedet had a theory about he PNA dropping and AO rising. While these usually promote cutters, the AO can be such to help cause destructive interference too. But you really play with fire if you hope for that.

yeah, agreed ... there are a few reasons any track of any storm would go east.

for example, a standard Miller B storm is in fact an east displacement away from the best forcing, because the lower level CAD/inhibition is much less over sea, so the low redevelops east but then bides some amount of time while the better forcing catches up...  etc etc... 

This is a Miller A capture scenario ... the track and wave amplitude is coming down from the WNW in a longitudinal biased trough/stretching, and the earlier spin up over the Gulf interface is then captured.   It is critical that low level inhibition is correctly handled, because as I just pointed out, there are subtle yet coherent lags in the timing of the retreating high on this 12 z GFS run, and that could be a trend beginner ... 

But, as to the other point, -AO would probably be more correlated with constructive wave interferences, actually, because -AO is inherently "buckling" the flow and those tend to favor wave domination scenarios. 

for example, a standard Miller B storm is in fact an east displacement away from the best forcing, because the lower level CAD/inhibition is much less over sea, so the low redevelops east but then bides some amount of time while the better forcing catches up...  etc etc... 

This is a Miller A capture scenario ... the track and wave amplitude is coming down from the WNW in a longitudinal biased trough/stretching, and the earlier spin up over the Gulf interface is then captured.   It is critical that low level inhibition is correctly handled, because as I just pointed out, there are subtle yet coherent lags in the timing of the retreating high on this 12 z GFS run, and that could be a trend beginner ... 

But, as to the other point, -AO would probably be more correlated with constructive wave interferences, actually, because -AO is inherently "buckling" the flow and those tend to favor wave domination scenarios. 

Yep, lots of intricacies. Euro should be a bit better based on what I see, through hr 60.

Oh, regarding the AO..I meant +AO as being destrtucive...especially if it causes fast westerly flow in srn canada.

Archived