Newest Member
    joxey
2/9-2/10 Inverted Trough/Mini-Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upton

"AN INVERTED TROUGH WILL EXTEND W FROM THIS OFFSHORE LOW...AND COULD BE THE FOCUS FOR SOME MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW JUST TO ITS NORTH. HARD TO SAY EXACTLY WHERE THIS WILL SET UP ATM...AND BEARS WATCHING ESPECIALLY FOR NYC METRO AND LONG ISLAND."

For when?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow that really is impressive.  Look at the amount of dry air wrapped into it and the density and volatility of the "wet" clouds to the north of it.  Beautifully layered core area too with a nicely defined eye.

As long as we're getting shafted, we might as well enjoy this marvelous cyclone from afar. I can't immediately think of a prettier nor'easter in recent decades.

APBpogI.gif

Here's to hoping the instability axis parks right across our region later tomorrow

into the evening. The core of this thing almost has a March 2009 type of intensity

look to it.

700-500 lapse rate:        7.71 C/km
Total Totals Index:       55.87 C Risk: Severe Thunderstorms probable

gfs for the ivt?

Its not as defined with it, even down in the MA but it definitely showed more activity further north with the IVT with time than it did on the 00Z run last night.  The NAM was noticeably more north than last night's run.  The RGEM is largely still well down south although it eventually gets something up here

Here's to hoping the instability axis parks right across our region later tomorrow

into the evening. The core of this thing almost has a March 2009 type of intensity

look to it.

700-500 lapse rate:        7.71 C/km
Total Totals Index:       55.87 C Risk: Severe Thunderstorms probable

Chris where is this ripped from ?

Its not as defined with it, even down in the MA but it definitely showed more activity further north with the IVT with time than it did on the 00Z run last night.  The NAM was noticeably more north than last night's run.  The RGEM is largely still well down south although it eventually gets something up here

Look at the RH field instead of just the precip field . It`s well N of the precip grids . Also I agree with Chris we are very unstable , 'there are actually 2 mesoscale features that take off from E of AC to S of the BM between hours 18 and 42 on the GFS .

Waiting on the UKIE it has been steady with it position 

Look at the RH field instead of just the precip field . It`s well N of the precip grids . Also I agree with Chris we are very unstable , 'there are actually 2 mesoscale features that take off from E of AC to S of the BM between hours 18 and 42 on the GFS .

I don't trust the RGEM at all lately, its been too east with everything, how that would translate with W-E oriented IVT I don't know but its busting badly today, even its most west runs yesterday didn't have moderate snow anywhere near WRN LI or NYC

PB... what would this mean for the area in regards to the IVT? Are you thinking that it will trend north into the metro area?

Archived