Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/9-2/10 Inverted Trough/Mini-Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

Chris where is this ripped from ?

I took it off the GFS forecast soundings. The core of where that band sets up will probably have

some pretty good convective snowfall rates. We may have to wait until the nowcast to see where it

really sits and dumps. This almost looks like summer EML midlevel lapse rates. :lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took it off the GFS forecast soundings. The core of where that band sets up will probably have

some pretty good convective snowfall rates. We may have to wait until the nowcast to see where it

really sits and dumps. This almost looks like summer EML midlevel lapse rates. :lol:

attachicon.gifgfsNE_con_lapse57_048.gif

That red looks like a near severe thinderstorm lapse rate. Mother nature is amazing!

Could be worse. You could the Hudson valley or interior new england. Most of nj is running well above average ytd

I'm personally running around 15" below my seasonal average and about 25" below my season total from last year.

Being 15" below my average for early February isn't bad at all, but it's certainly not as good as places further SE.

You're not running 15 below normal ytd unless you got less than a foot in the blizzard or average 60" a year. We're just past the halfway mark.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

we ended up with just about 12" here is Sag Harbor from the blizzard. So ytd we are showing around 18 - 20" (not including this current storm)

You're not running 15 below normal ytd unless you got less than a foot in the blizzard or average 60" a year. We're just past the halfway mark.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I had 22" in the blizzard and I average 40" a year. Out of all the other events I've managed 3" total, so you do the math.

He meant his total seasonal avg, not YTD.

Thank you, I even made a clarifying post about how I wasn't in a bad place with a third of Winter to go, it's just nowhere near as good as places further SE. Especially on Long Island which I think has seen at least 3 Warning criteria snowfalls this year if not more.

Archived