joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/9-2/10 Inverted Trough/Mini-Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if we miss this storms impacts tomorrow and the IVT Tuesday I will NOT be a happy camper

Tomorrow is going to be light accumulations for NYC but more towards eastern LI. The trough is a different story. Right now, it's modeled on most of the models to our south but that can change.

Possible. We can also get hit good with the trough. Onto tomorrow runs.

6z NAM shifted a little north with the inverted trough. Central-Southern Jersey is the jackpot, but .50 almost gets up to NYC on this run. Would take only a very minor bump north to get North-Central Jersey to NYC into the good snows. We're certainly still in the game for the inverted trough. 

kind of baffling, seeing how only 0z NAM had that scenario.   And GFS is easily winning now.

kind of baffling, seeing how only 0z NAM had that scenario.   And GFS is easily winning now.

well it's going to get interesting soon around here if that first mega band reaches n.y.c,currently it's still creeping on in.. :popcorn:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx

this is what mt.holly is seeing,it's incoming folks.that first band might actually stall out over us for a while for whoever is lucky to be on the western fringe.

which is the GFS.  

most of that band won't make it to NJ coast. maybe flurries. 

Nothing exciting for NJ until IVT tonight. 

the coastal flooding aspect is a mess....I wouldn't wanna be forecasting that. 

which is the GFS.  

most of that band won't make it to NJ coast. maybe flurries. 

Nothing exciting for NJ until IVT tonight. 

the coastal flooding aspect is a mess....I wouldn't wanna be forecasting that. 

i dunno about writing the coastal off,it seems like the moisture is getting pulled back west by the backside energy interacting with the departing monster coastal a.t.m.

i dunno about writing the coastal off,it seems like the moisture is getting pulled back west by the backside energy interacting with the departing monster coastal a.t.m.

6z GFS is slightly in your camp on that, but I highly doubt anything more than an Inch for eastern , coastal counties of NJ only.   (with the 1st storm)

temps are pretty mild as well...need the heavy stuff for any accumulations.

EDIT:

....actually 6z GFS is now trending towards the more snowier 0z NAM.

And 6z NAM trended towards the less snowier 0z GFS.

so I give up...need sleep. 

6z GFS is slightly in your camp on that, but I highly doubt anything more than an Inch for eastern , coastal counties of NJ only.   (with the 1st storm)

temps are pretty mild as well...need the heavy stuff for any accumulations.

EDIT:

....actually 6z GFS is now trending towards the more snowier 0z NAM.

And 6z NAM trended towards the less snowier 0z GFS.

so I give up...need sleep. 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

9z HRRR not bad for Suffolk; with the a max of 6 inches + from around just east of Port Jeff out to about Upton; pretty predictable as the region will have the benefits of the widest part of the Sound and a stiff & persistent NE fetch.

6z RGEM was bad with part 1, however...just a dusting.

post-747-0-89686500-1454928778_thumb.gif

10z HRRR had 6 -8 inches (over the 15 hours subsequent to the initialization) for eastern Long Island; but just a dusting west of the Hudson River.

post-747-0-29202800-1454932414_thumb.gif

Archived