joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/9-2/10 Inverted Trough/Mini-Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18Z Rgem looks excellent for this tomorrow night now.

The soundings look great when the band lifts NE. I just wish we could get midlevel lapse rates

this steep for summer thunderstorms here.

3z 2/10 Nam JFK sounding

700-500 lapse rate:        8.14 C/km
Total Totals Index:       55.59 C Risk: Severe Thunderstorms probable

The soundings look great when the band lifts NE. I just wish we could get midlevel lapse rates

this steep for summer thunderstorms here.

3z 2/10 Nam JFK sounding

700-500 lapse rate:        8.14 C/km
Total Totals Index:       55.59 C Risk: Severe Thunderstorms probable

Would be great to see hear a few rumbles 

My YTD is 0.0 and average about the same.. Gotcha beat ;)

It seems almost unfathomable that you'd have 0" and I'd have 27" in the Edison area.  I wonder how often your area gets less than my area or NYC (we're almost always within a few inches of Central Park, being 25 miles SW)?  I would think it's rare.  

It seems almost unfathomable that you'd have 0" and I'd have 27" in the Edison area.  I wonder how often your area gets less than my area or NYC (we're almost always within a few inches of Central Park, being 25 miles SW)?  I would think it's rare.  

My season total is 3.7".  I don't know if I've ever measured less than NYC, maybe this year will be a first.

It seems almost unfathomable that you'd have 0" and I'd have 27" in the Edison area. I wonder how often your area gets less than my area or NYC (we're almost always within a few inches of Central Park, being 25 miles SW)? I would think it's rare.

If I had to guess... I would bet it's less than 5 season, where anyone from NYC points south has a higher seasonal total than most of us in the Hudson valley

Didn't see it posted yet, so here's the map from Mt. Holly, to go along with the WWAdvisories for 2-5" for counties basically between 195/276 in NJ/PA and 78, including Monmouth, Mercer, Middlesex, Somerset, Hunterdon, in NJ and NW Bucks/NW Montco/Lehigh/Berks in PA).  South of 195/276, warnings are up for 4-8" of snow.  Haven't seen an update from Upton yet.  Would be nice if this verified, but call me skeptical, especially after today's miss - they really shouldn't have put up advisories west of the Hudson.  

StormTotalSnowWeb1.png

Archived