joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/9-2/10 Inverted Trough/Mini-Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love this monster to come in much closer! BTW, has the IVT threat replaced the Miller B thread for Tuesday/Wednesday? I haven't heard any talks of a Miller B lately. Is that threat now dead?

Thanks,

-Jason

I wouldn't call it totally dead. Probably on life support. The closer this ocean storm gets and/or slower it is to move out, the less chance there is of a Miller B. Chances right now are better for a INVT. Though I wouldn't totally rule out somewhat of a Miller B just yet, but if that happens it's probably moisture starved since the ocean storm is wringing out the atmosphere. I guess I could see a scenario where there is a sort of Miller B look that enhances the INVT a bit?

NOAA mesoscale site is a good way to track this storm. Models suggest the low slides east for a prolonged period of time starting about now. Let's see if this happens as progged.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/viewsector.php?sector=17

Yeah I just posted about that in the NE subforum. No sign of it yet, doesn't mean it's not coming.

At first I thought it might have been doing that earlier than modeled, pivoting the precip shield and tricking people into thinking it was further west than modeled. But I didn't see that.

http://weather.unisys.com/satellite/sat_wv_us_loop.gif

Huge storm, but heading east now as modeled.

I can't make heads or tails out of its movement. It appears that the front half of the storm is getting pulled due east, while the other part is tracking north, with rotation that seems to be pulling it inland.  I don't remember ever seeing this before.

Archived