wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Jan 23-24 Storm Banter

ORH_wxman

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna be honest...I almost replied to your post to say that you might as well wait for the Euro, but I appreciated your enthusiasm and decided to hold my tongue.

Plus I figured you already knew anything I could say about it

Don't sell yourself short, You have to look at the source

Just bring on the torch....maybe this is the FU from Mother Nature saying we head into a cycle more akin to the 80s....eastern ne to mid atlantic reigned supreme while the rest of us n/w had enough scraps to often be at or above climo.....its over folks

Hmmm. . . I seem to remember plenty of winters in the 80s when it was white there and wet here for plenty of storms. I'd agree the last two years were special here but we just had storms timed with well below temps. In a regime of norm temps you'll be glad your not on the coast.

Not to be snow snob but right now if we can't do 4-8" or better here I'd rather the whiff, can't stand long duration amounting to 3" of sawdust

Completely agree! If it isn't going to be significant, let it miss altogether!! Which I feel there is a good chance it does. Don't know about you, but I feel the 0z sweet will seal the deal with this thing only snowing down south.

Felt like a miss was not likely this afternoon, but I have changed my thoughts somewhat at this time.

100% agree and i will probably have to try hard not to fall for it

We know how it goes. Then the GFS will hold serve from 18z and the GGEM will look really solid and we will all declare that the trend has ceased.

Then the one hour dead zone convincing ourselves even more after the GEFS are 5 miles northwest of 18z.

Then the euro comes out and jackpots ORF and fringes DCA and the place turns into a funeral parlor.

Archived