joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 23-24 Storm Banter

ORH_wxman

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z EURO should be the final nail in the coffin for us N of the Pike dwellers for any significant (6"+) snows with this one.  

Here's to looking at the threat on the 28th.  

Glad I was never invested in this. I won't lose any sleep wondering whether we can finagle a dusting. Happy for the MA.

It's been a slow winter, people let their guard down for the grand mirage of a day 5 blizzard. At least it had potential around here and was something to follow for a while.

Also, have any of you seen people circulating a snowfall map from a storm last winter as a "forecast" for this one? I've seen it all over the facebacks.

what I find maddening with models and I have seen this many times over the years is the oscillation between runs that have a stall and those that do not and most of the time..there is no stall but what information gets programmed into these things to spit out these long duration blizzards??

im glad i was never invested in this one but it still stings....I just hope the heavy snow is not thirty miles south of me...2010 was brutal but that would be worse

i am no computer geek but I have never ever seen so much wish casting as in here with this event

Kudos to those who are mature enough to post banter/meltdowns/emotional banter/wishcasts in this thread...it makes our job easier.

Shame on those who are not adult enough to keep the main thread clean...we've been deleting a lot of stuff (not all of it equally egregious), but here's a fair warning that we'll just 5 PPD those who can't learn to follow those simple guidelines.

Archived