amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Jan 23-24 Storm Banter

ORH_wxman

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We know how it goes. Then the GFS will hold serve from 18z and the GGEM will look really solid and we will all declare that the trend has ceased.

Then the one hour dead zone convincing ourselves even more after the GEFS are 5 miles northwest of 18z.

Then the euro comes out and jackpots ORF and fringes DCA and the place turns into a funeral parlor.

Wow..you just nailed it to a "T". But do you really think the GFS will hold serve? I don't. I think it fully caves tonight...just have that feeling. What you say?

I used the shovel the other day just because I ran out of gas in the blower. 5.5 on the year and a third of that was mainly sleet...if this whiffs, just bring spring cause nothing is worse than cold/dry and warm/wet winter...still keeping hope for just one monster ala 2013 when the blizzard saved us from a rather paltry winter.

Well at least with today's trend - it looks like the futility of this winter continues. I have yet to need a snow shovel this winter.

At this point I'm not greedy, I would be happy to just get something measurable.

I don't think anyone at a lower elevation saw three consecutive 30"+ snowfalls.

Yeah I don't think so...the best in the Dec storm that year was more SW and the best in the last one (the miller B that screwed us) was north...the last one I don't think gave anyone 30" anyway, more like 20-24.

I have been holding frustration in all season....its healthy to melt, otherwise you turn into a robot, like Will.

:lol:

I still think this comes back, though......but i would be lying out my a$$ if I denied being frustrated.

We all are. One thing I've come to grip with as I got older, was that some winters just suck. Nothing I can do....I just try to take what's thrown at me. I really enjoyed the snowfall the other night. 

I'm pulling for your optimism. I was hoping for this to be a much needed diversion as a friend and neighbor was the victim of a homicide a couple of days before Christmas.

Oh that was your neighborhood? That was big news. I know someone else that knew the family and was devastated. Have they determined if it was home invasion or was it domestic? Sorry for your loss my friend.

Yeah I don't think so...the best in the Dec storm that year was more SW and the best in the last one (the miller B that screwed us) was north...the last one I don't think gave anyone 30" anyway, more like 20-24.

I remember Some locations in that area reporting over 30. Don't know their elevations, but they had some crazy amounts. And I'll go out on a limb and say no place in that area gets 40 inches without elevation in this.

Goodness gracious gobbledegook!!!!!

Here is a weenie for you, WinterWolf!

:weenie:

Oh that was your neighborhood? That was big news. I know someone else that knew the family and was devastated. Have they determined if it was home invasion or was it domestic? Sorry for your loss my friend.

Next door neighbor.

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks and nothing from the police.  There has not been a peep about what happened.  Very disconcerting.

Its certainly warranted if you think today's south trend is legitimate and are publicly forecasting whiffs.. But considering these love coming back north.. Seems way too early to write a decent snowfall off and meltdown

I think there has been an over reaction to the modeling today as there was when it showed favorable solutions, I think SNE is still in the game and south, Lot of moving parts that need to get resolved over the next day or so before mailing anything in

Archived