joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pats/Chiefs Miller B-elichick

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until the interaction between the PV lobe and polar jet shortwave decreases, you are not going to get many good looking solutions.

The trend on the 00z suite was to increase this interaction which strengthened the primary and all of its associated conveyors.

mmm there is another possibility... 

should the southern stream impulse get stronger it may entice the spv to sag and eventually collapse s through the geopotential medium - the n-stream then subsumes in that scenario ...usually ending up somewhere along the original s-stream's v-max track-axis.  of course, with that much cold differential at core and the s-streams thermal dynamic gulp the thing ends up a bomb... 

less likely, granted... but it's not impossible.

there are many, many examples in the storm annals where that took place.  1978, 2001 to name a couple. 

this pattern's been teetering with that risk ...it just hasn't done the deed yet.  i wonder if this type of rapid s-stream inject with cold lobes dangling about southern canada can make it through a whole next 50 or so days without ever doing that.   hm

Is this one  of those situations that could end up giving us a real "paste" snow? I mean where the temps are marginal enough at all levels to produce a high density type snowstorm (or snow to rain to snow) away from the coast? Could the secondary prove to be strong enough to pull in enough cold air to make this happen? 

I'm not looking for IMBY. I'm wondering about the meteorology here.

Of course you are

Feb 2010 may have been a totally different beast, but the outcome so far is the same...which is Nadda!! And in the end, we still lose. Whether you're robbed of a H.R. by a spectacular catch that ends your game, or you just weren't in the game to begin with really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, because you lost either way.

But I'd rather we be 65 like December and be out of the game completely, then have a beast on the benchmark and have a 34 degree cold rain...that hurts way more imo. But being so very close and losing is worse, than being out of the game completely. But in the end the outcome is the same, it just feels different depending on how you achieve your loss.

Feb 2010 may have been a totally different beast, but the outcome so far is the same...which is Nadda!! And in the end, we still lose. Whether you're robbed of a H.R. by a spectacular catch that ends your game, or you just weren't in the game to begin with really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, because you lost either way.

But I'd rather we be 65 like December and be out of the game completely, then have a beast on the benchmark and have a 34 degree cold rain...that hurts way more imo. But being so very close and losing is worse, than being out of the game completely. But in the end the outcome is the same, it just feels different depending on how you achieve your loss.

:weenie:

What a melt

Good gravy

One way of looking at it...sure going to be lousy playing a game in it.

Not a drop or flake has fallen, fact.

All the models will waffle to one degree or another, fact.

Roller-coaster model hugging bias posting BS.

I wish this sub-forum had a red-tag only thread or one that is extremely moderated just to rid the frivolous posts.  

Nah. Tracking the storm is the best part. Even though it didn't work out, at least we weren't bored to death.

That storm was an epic wind event in NE MA and SNH. Probably one of the most anomalous wind events for the interior of NH. Maybe not snow, but that storm was pretty incredible.

One of the most memorable wind events here. Its in the top 5 for power outages for NH.

Jeffe NNE Maine dudes. I like to look at Dprogs which is the run to run difference in HPA. Notice the huge jump NNE into the GOM. You guys need to watch this very closely as many models have basically a full blown blizzard for you. A 19.4 HPA drop is very significant, also stronger blocking to slow this down for you

That storm was an epic wind event in NE MA and SNH. Probably one of the most anomalous wind events for the interior of NH. Maybe not snow, but that storm was pretty incredible. 

I made a rare decision to head to the coast for that storm, and turns out I didn't even have to.  Easily one of the best weather events of my life.  Would trade every flake of snow for the next few years for another.

LCI:  39 G56

CON:  35 G68

PSM:  41 G68

Still mad I couldn't get to the Isles of Shoals for the 90mph though.

I made a rare decision to head to the coast for that storm, and turns out I didn't even have to.  Easily one of the best weather events of my life.  Would trade every flake of snow for the next few years for another.

i loved your video, still have it?

The wind never made it here. I had a gust to 30something. Damn inversion.

Nov '50 is probably #1 here for a non-tropical system.

Jeffe NNE Maine dudes. I like to look at Dprogs which is the run to run difference in HPA. Notice the huge jump NNE into the GOM. You guys need to watch this very closely as many models have basically a full blown blizzard for you. A 19.4 HPA drop is very significant, also stronger blocking to slow this down for you

Pretty impressive, I will start to follow the evolution for this one today, I think it certainly has legs for up here

Archived