joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pats/Chiefs Miller B-elichick

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly my point, when I mentioned we can't seem to get all the right ingredients together.

Blizzard of 78 was in the low 980's if I recall correctly. But it had the right set up. This weekend as of now, does not look to have what it takes in most places in SNE. Maybe that can change going forward? Or not? Time will tell. But if I can pick up an inch of snow, that would be ok. Beggars can't be choosers at this point.

At the strength the GFS has this thing, it should be a blockbuster...low 970's is no joke. But we can't seem to get all the ingredients together to maximize this things strength...dam shame!!

970s secondary as an extension of 990 primary... the gradient is key, and so far the relative depth of our secondary is not enough to pull down colder air from NNE.

I have to agree with you on the trend...think this is about as good as it's going to look for most. Those that get lucky in the weekend event will at least have some solid covering!

I'm not calling for that, before people try to shove words down my throat in hindsight.

But I am concerned, as this trend is now 48 hours old, yet we are still left with relatively meager solutions.

We've been talking about this scenario since Sunday as the blockbuster Miller A solutions faded.

I'm wary of this system... it seems to keep squirming it's way to mediocrity.

Blockbuster Miller AB phase fell apart with too many shortwaves to coordinate.

The lead northern stream shortwave has trended dominant so we've been looking for an unimpeded Miller B, but then that Manitoba ULL popped up and a persistent primary low cooked the BL... there's still definitely potential, but now also watch out for the possibility that this becomes an open wave and slides out east.

Euro also now has the vortmax overshoot farther out to sea, and an additional surface low forming much further east... 

attachicon.gifecmwf_z500_vort_noram_27.jpg

GFS hinted at this as well today and with those earlier more strung out solutions...

Interested to see how this plays out on guidance tonight. Euro vortmax overshooting far East... at surface depicts a double-barrel low.

Sometimes that depiction is a model transition to a farther ots solution. There were a few ensemble members hanging out at 38N/65W to support that too. In this relatively progressive regime, I wouldn't be surprised.

But this system has evolved so many times, we shall see...

It would collapse SE.  

At any rate..it's not done trending colder. Each run continues as it sniffs the block and weakens the primary = quicker transfer and moves ENE rather than NNE. That's the key right there

Yes.

Agreed......I was just alarmed that we aren't dealing with a larger event yet....I think the 18z GFS dropped like 3-4" here, and its the most aggressive.

8" by the end of the run.

Should be interesting.

Nap time....between this threat and work, I'm cooked.

I'm not calling for that, before people try to shove words down my throat in hindsight.

But I am concerned, as this trend is now 48 hours old, yet we are still left with relatively meager solutions.

Yea that's my thought. Been working so hard past three days lol to trend this into a more favorable spot yet the solutions still just offer a marginal output. Like I don't know how much better this can get now. The primary has trended weaker and gives way to secondary faster, the secondary is stronger and more tucky tucKY off the nj coast, but the solutions just don't quite get there. Marginal airmass is now dampening my once bright outlook.

Still time for some ticks here and there but I suspect a north of 84 event, for the most part.

Still want to see how accurate guidance has been with the clipper to our NE as it helps setup 50 50 and how that in turns affects the confluence.

Just puzzled how we've trended way better for 3 days and pretty much got it to where sne would normally get a nice crushing, but it's still too warm. Certainly learning that a block, 50 50, and confluence won't do it all without a nice high oozing down from quebec.

Archived