• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pats/Chiefs Miller B-elichick

40/70 Benchmark

Still want to see how accurate guidance has been with the clipper to our NE as it helps setup 50 50 and how that in turns affects the confluence.

Just puzzled how we've trended way better for 3 days and pretty much got it to where sne would normally get a nice crushing, but it's still too warm. Certainly learning that a block, 50 50, and confluence won't do it all without a nice high oozing down from quebec.

Scott said we had some cold coming from Maine.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott said we had some cold coming from Maine.

The GFS showed it, but not until the end. What matters more is now 925-850 act. However, if the GFS happened, I find it hard that it would be mostly rain for you. I suppose 97-98 was the winter of deformation rain, but it doesn't happen often.

The 0z NAM looks a little worse for Sat's storm.  The primary is considerably further north than 18z at the end of its run and the overall trof structure looks unfavorable for coastal transfer.

The NAM isn't particularly useful at this range for its specific depiction, but sometimes it trends in sync with the rest of the midrange guidance.  Its previous run looked roughly similar to consensus but this is a bit of a departure.  I hope it's not a harbinger of a guidance shift.

Our coastal storm energy is over the Baja of CA, and our northern stream (primary low pressure center is over the eastern Pacific) just west of CA.  We need these systems to come ashore into a better RAOB network region before the models are in phase with the phasing and timing of shortwaves.  These systems are so much fun.

Archived