Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Pats/Chiefs Miller B-elichick

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly the ideas discussed yesterday. 

The trend yesterday was to retrograde the PV lobe as well as emphasize the energy diving down from Rockies a day earlier (Jan16-17), and the STJ energy gets spit out harmless off the southeast without phasing.

The blockbuster runs of Fri/Sat 2 days ago had the STJ energy dominating, and phasing with the northern stream energy.

2 days ago, guidance also had better confluence due to positioning of the PV lobe over us rather than retrograded to Manitoba, and many GEFS and EPS members on Friday had a suppressed system.

. . . 

And would love to see Alex Smith fumble in snow.

We've been talking about this scenario since Sunday as the blockbuster Miller A solutions faded.

I'm wary of this system... it seems to keep squirming it's way to mediocrity.

Blockbuster Miller AB phase fell apart with too many shortwaves to coordinate.

The lead northern stream shortwave has trended dominant so we've been looking for an unimpeded Miller B, but then that Manitoba ULL popped up and a persistent primary low cooked the BL... there's still definitely potential, but now also watch out for the possibility that this becomes an open wave and slides out east.

Euro also now has the vortmax overshoot farther out to sea, and an additional surface low forming much further east... 

post-3106-0-62577200-1452626642_thumb.jp

GFS hinted at this as well today and with those earlier more strung out solutions...

That's such a nice track though. What a pissah. 

I like the trend on the secondary...we're shutting off the WAA from the primary more rapidly on the model guidance today than the past day or two. Let that secondary blow up and dominate the conveyor process...then we'll end up with more of that airmass from Maine rather than Columbus Ohio.

I like the trend on the secondary...we're shutting off the WAA from the primary more rapidly on the model guidance today than the past day or two. Let that secondary blow up and dominate the conveyor process...then we'll end up with more of that airmass from Maine rather than Columbus Ohio.

Yeah I think 95% of the time I would be excited. Dam srly ahead of it hurts here. But for ORH and points N and NE it could be a condo collapser. Still time, but the airmass needs work near BOS. It's pretty mild right up through 850. If that primary stayed weaker, it would be a whole different game. We shall see. 

A handful more Euro ensemble members hanging out around 38N / 65W... gotta watch out for that overshooting vorticity I mentioned above.

Amazing how this keeps squirming away from the more impactful solutions we hope for.

There's no evidence for this right now, but would love (if only for the ridiculousness of this guidance mayhem) for this to come back full circle to the old miller A solution Jan 18-20.

There are a lot of members that just crush Dendrite to you...far enough north to be in the cold, and far enough SE to be in the deep moisture.

Yeah, Looking at the individual members on Wxbell, There are a lot more favoring left spread on the mean and some good ones to............ :)

I'm very skeptical.  The first low serves to increase confluence and push the baroclinic zone south.  Tough to get a 1 to 2 hit that quick.  

Yep. Though we used that argument on Jan 24th when that slopfest came through and wound up getting a blizzard three days later. Can happen, but certainly wouldn't put any money on it.

Archived