joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16-17th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I joined in on it because it made me look at an average snow map. Frederick, which I would call northern md, averages 5" more per season than silver spring.

I'd say Frederick is in central MD, it's actually closer to Virginia than PA. Also not the best spot for snow, since it's in a valley.

It is not the snow I am worried about. These cold temps are causing havoc. We currently have a plumber coming out to check out what may or may not be a plumbing issue. Exterior wall that is sweating water and causing ice to form at the baseboard in our Master Bedroom. While the master bath shower is near I do not think there is a water line on an exterior wall casing the issue on a 3rd story. Wall is ice cold to the touch and we may have to investigate further. 

Also a co-worker of my husbands main water line into his house is frozen. City of Frederick is back logged with issues of frozen pipes and he is hoping that they can get to him before he has a major issue. 

It is not the snow I am worried about. These cold temps are causing havoc. We currently have a plumber coming out to check out what may or may not be a plumbing issue. Exterior wall that is sweating water and causing ice to form at the baseboard in our Master Bedroom. While the master bath shower is near I do not think there is a water line on an exterior wall casing the issue on a 3rd story. Wall is ice cold to the touch and we may have to investigate further.

Also a co-worker of my husbands main water line into his house is frozen. City of Frederick is back logged with issues of frozen pipes and he is hoping that they can get to him before he has a major issue.

that sounds awful. Hope it works out for you.

You make a very good point. The freezing temps cause a whole set of other issues. We always focus in snow and that is just half the story here. I am sorry - that really is not good news at your house.

Bro that looks amazing. Carrier pigeon some of that over to me

It is delicious!  What a great weekend that I hope gets at least another day extension.  Oyster stew, lobster, filet mignon, and this oyster fritatta.  If it's snowing this evening, may have to hit Annapolis for brew and lobster rolls.

Life is good.

Frozen pipes suck.  I had my share of problems when I put an addition on here and code required me to run pipes through a north facing attic space.  It froze several times and I ended having to build a bulkhead in the attic to enclose the pipes and a ceiling vent to keep it heated from underneath.  Hopefully, your issues are not too serious.

Archived