joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16-17th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I think my fate rides with yours, if 15 miles makes that big a difference, then that's not great. Hoping for 4, will be anxious I am sure as reports of heavy snow start in Virginia and we are waiting for it to start up here...

if it isn't snowing by 6ish, then be worried. 

thankfully I have a super busy workday, so I won't be able to radar watch all day long. 

Funny everyone goes by computer models.  EVERY storm this year has pulled further north ... this one will do the same ... thinking 8-12 for Balt / DC ... 

Its gonna need a 100 mile north shift for 8-12 to get into Baltimore I think. I still think everyone sees at least 5 inches from this one. The GFS with its dry NW stuff definitely has me a little concerned.

Glass half empty comments:

Wish this would happen on a weekend so I could really enjoy

I am not in the Bulls eye

I am likely just nw of the S+ observation possibilities

Glass half full comments:

Snow, on any day is awesome

Snow and cold is better than cold and dry

A few days ago I would have been lucky to see flurries

People in the central and southern part of the state really are due.. I was 3 times climo last year and many were below down there..

Ok I got that out of my system..

I'm still amazed at people who still can't find their location on a map and then question the amount being forecasted on said map...put a range on there and it's automatically the the top end they see...eh...I'm a little cranky this morning....lots of banter in the storm thread...storm mode mods :(

go back and read now.  it might be better.  Jesus, some of us sleep and can't be 24/7

Archived