• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16-17th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

Me reading the storm thread almost gets the same reaction while I am in my car and I display road rage.  Firstly, how can you be on the boards for years but yet have to ask "how much for mby" every time there is a threat.  If you haven't learned how to read a F'ing map in four years please move to a different forum.  I understand those who are not near a PC or cant read on their cell...on occasion.  But damn!

Sorry, I had to blow off steam somewhere. 

I don't mind asking about general range of precip, especially from models that most may not have access to (e.g., the Euro).  But yeah, some of the fly-by "how much for xyz???" is a bit much.  There's plenty of discussion and people post many maps, you can kind of figure out the "IMBY" from that.

Did you see the RGEM discussion from earlier (18Z)?  Now that was painful!! :lol:

(ETA:  In defense of some of the crazy stuff in the main storm discussion thread, the way this winter has been I can understand people are a bit tense until things actually start and actually work out.  I'll readily admit to being nervous, but I try to keep that out of those threads.)

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind asking about general range of precip, especially from models that most may not have access to (e.g., the Euro). But yeah, some of the fly-by "how much for xyz???" is a bit much. There's plenty of discussion and people post many maps, you can kind of figure out the "IMBY" from that.

Did you see the RGEM discussion from earlier (18Z)? Now that was painful!! :lol:

(ETA: In defense of some of the crazy stuff in the main storm discussion thread, the way this winter has been I can understand people are a bit tense until things actually start and actually work out. I'll readily admit to being nervous, but I try to keep that out of those threads.)

The RGEM disco was pure comedy.

I don't mind asking about general range of precip, especially from models that most may not have access to (e.g., the Euro).  But yeah, some of the fly-by "how much for xyz???" is a bit much.  There's plenty of discussion and people post many maps, you can kind of figure out the "IMBY" from that.

Did you see the RGEM discussion from earlier (18Z)?  Now that was painful!! :lol:

(ETA:  In defense of some of the crazy stuff in the main storm discussion thread, the way this winter has been I can understand people are a bit tense until things actually start and actually work out.  I'll readily admit to being nervous, but I try to keep that out of those threads.)

Agreed, I am a train wreck, I just try to keep it out of the discussion threads.  I do expect the questioning of the euro though, that's always a given :)

Locked in. Let's get it. I'm ready to measure. I'm hibernating from post euro tonight to sometime pre storm onset. I won't be sleeping tomorrow night.

I'll be pulling an all nighter also. Since I'm on vacation, I'll nap, chill, watch radar, make some good food. (know no one cares, but I keep typing lol).

I'm all pumped up and ready for #snowonsnow.

Speaking solely for my grossly over priced and over taxed .35 acres of land that I borrowed from the bank, I haven't seen a single model run all day that doesn't make me happy

Yes.  I think the models more or less locked in on the track and general amounts of precip.  They've gone a bit back and forth, which caused some rather interesting discussion in the main event thread, but one has to believe now that we're probably looking at an area-wide 4-8" for metro DC, which is pretty much what LWX has gone I think.  At least, I'd like to believe that's a lock! :lol:

I'm debating staying up for that (the Euro).  Probably will, since it's already just past midnight.  Still got some wine left too, LOL!!!

I am recovering from last night drinks, but no way I could sleep now anyway.  To me, the 24 hours leading up to the storm is the best..its storm foreplay for what I have been waiting for the last year.  Yaay! 

Lucky - though I do love when my company doesn't share a holiday with the feds.  No traffic!  The commute tomorrow evening would be terrible with snow starting, if the feds weren't closed for President's Day already.  

It is falling at a good time, that's for sure. If it was Tuesday your commute would suck.

Archived