joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16-17th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

School closed... Been here 15 years and do not think I will ever get used to schools closing over 2-4". Yes I know, I know the county I Iive in has higher elevations than the flat county I grew up in. Also I grew up where the school systems in the county/farmland were not connected with the schools in the cities. Days like this were fun walking to school. Bundle all up and have a snowball fight on your way and back home from school. 

Sorry for ranting. It is just that my kids have had off since last Friday, teacher work day, so a 4 weekend has turned into 5 for us. They are defiantly getting chased outside today.  :sled:

Okay... pulling out all the stops. I had a DuClaw's Sweet Baby Jesus in the back of the fridge. Cracked it open because... we need all the help we can get to even come close to verifying the 6-8 forecast here.

Top 5 favorite beer for me.

Piss off mac i know youre judging me lol

I measured 3.5. What did you come up with.

I can't really measure at my yard there are two trees, a three story house, and a row of pines that block the snow. I walk over to the field by the post office. I came up with right at 4 but there might have been some snow there left from the other day. I have noticed that right along the ridge line here sometimes does better then the reports just north and south of town but 3.5-4 seems about right. I'm not worried about .5. I'm more interested in getting a 6"+ up here. Haven't had one yet it's been a run of 2-4" snows all winter.

Eta: a bunch of 2-4" snows can be a nice winter if they come close together and build up but this year they are spread out with rain or a warm day in between so we haven't had more then a 4" snowcover all winter.

Archived