joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16-17th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

our best chance to do well was a band of enhancement along the nw fringe but right now at least that seems north of us.

I know I'm watching it. I wonder what kind of rates that's producing. A lot of the time that is the band that sets up here. We'll see if it drops into our area but this this really isn't the type of system that would support something like that happening.

I can't figure out where our best rates will come from if they do at all. Will the decent bands break out when the low takes over or will we just get light stuff until it shuts off in the early morning. The band in Ohio looked healthy for awhile but now it losing it's punch as the low takes over.  There is also some nice bands in southwestern PA so will see if they hold together and collapse into the area.

Do you not want to be able to Jebwalk in an hour?   :snowing:

I really took nj2va's advice to me earlier and stopped looking at the radar.  Its snowing until it isn't anymore.  I took a long walk in it and its amazing out.  2" or 8"... slainte!  :drunk:

I don't bother looking at the radar during storms - the dry slot talk in the obs thread gets too much to handle...I just like to enjoy what falls!

I know I'm watching it. I wonder what kind of rates that's producing. A lot of the time that is the band that sets up here. We'll see if it drops into our area but this this really isn't the type of system that would support something like that happening.

I can't figure out where our best rates will come from if they do at all. Will the decent bands break out when the low takes over or will we just get light stuff until it shuts off in the early morning. The band in Ohio looked healthy for awhile but now it losing it's punch as the low takes over. There is also some nice bands in southwestern PA so will see if they hold together and collapse into the area.

those bands are from convergence along the arctic boundary. It may shift down here as the coastal takes over, or everything could reform to our southeast. Tough to predict that. Frustrating right now though.

Its gotta be coming... do they usually close at the same time or later?

I have to live vicariously through you gov guys... the company I work for has only closed twice - 2/6 and 2/10/2010 haha

Usually...but the last two times, we had to go in on time when the Feds had two hour delays...so who knows...

I'm really starting to wonder what the roads will be like in the morning... I mean on one hand, this crunchy dry pixie dust really isn't that bad to drive in.  I found that on the way home, decent all-season tires can actually bite into it fairly well.  On the other hand, with the temps, salt isn't gonna do a darn thing so... 

The thing about an idiot like me looking at 3 hour panels on a model for days on end leading up to the time a storm starts, is that it's hard to tell how the radar is going to look to give you that .13" in 6 hours.  I just see a blob of green or blue over my house each run and envision a perfectly filled-in radar..

Archived